冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第588期:第二十七章 布兰(37)
日期:2016-01-04 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

Lysa Arryn's watery blue eyes looked uncertain.
只有莱莎·艾林水汪汪的蓝眼睛里充满了疑惑,
He had caught her off balance.
显然他再度让她大感意外。
You have that right, to be sure.
你当然有这个权利。
The young knight with the green viper embroidered on his surcoat stepped forward and went to one knee.
外衣上绣了绿色毒蛇的那个年轻骑士,此时跨步向前,单膝跪下道:
My lady, I beg the boon of championing your cause.
夫人,求您恩准我为您而战。
The honor should be mine, old Lord Hunter said.
这份荣幸应该归我所有,老杭特伯爵说,
For the love I bore your lord husband, let me avenge his death.
看在我对您夫君敬爱有加的份上,让我替他报仇罢。
My father served Lord Jon faithfully as High Steward of the Vale, Ser Albar Royce boomed.
我父亲忠心耿耿地服侍琼恩大人,为其担任峡谷大总管之职。艾尔拔·罗伊斯朗声道,
Let me serve his son in this.
请让我为他的儿子而战。
The gods favor the man with the just cause, said Ser Lyn Corbray, yet often that turns out to be the man with the surest sword.
凡是立场纯正的人,诸神必定加以眷顾,林恩·科布瑞爵士说,这样的人也是最好的剑客。
We all know who that is.
而我们都知道这个人是谁。
He smiled modestly.
他谦虚地笑笑。
A dozen other men all spoke at once, clamoring to be heard.
十来个人同声发话,抢着想压过别人。
Tyrion found it disheartening to realize so many strangers were eager to kill him.
见到这么多人迫不及待想取他性命,提利昂深感沮丧。
Perhaps this had not been such a clever plan after all.
或许到头来,这主意并不如原先预期的那么聪明。
Lady Lysa raised a hand for silence.
莱莎夫人举手示意众人静声。
I thank you, my lords, as I know my son would thank you if he were among us.
诸位大人,我衷心地感谢你们,相信我儿若是在场,也同样会深怀感激。
No men in the Seven Kingdoms are as bold and true as the knights of the Vale.
放眼七国全境,无人可比咱们峡谷骑士的忠诚勇武。
Would that I could grant you all this honor.
如果我能让诸位都拥有这份荣耀,不知该有多好。
Yet I can choose only one. She gestured.
可惜我只能选出一个。她做出手势。
Ser Vardis Egen, you were ever my lord husband's good right hand.
瓦狄斯·伊根爵士,您向来是我丈夫倚重的左右手。
You shall be our champion.
请您担任我的代理骑士。
Ser Vardis had been singularly silent.
瓦狄斯爵士一直保持着沉默。
My lady, he said gravely, sinking to one knee, pray give this burden to another, I have no taste for it.
夫人,他屈膝跪下,口气凝重地说,还请将此重担交付他人,我实在无心出战。
The man is no warrior.
此人并非武士,
Look at him. A dwarf, half my size and lame in the legs.
看看他,侏儒一个,只有我一半高,又瘸了腿,
It would be shameful to slaughter such a man and call it justice.
宰杀这种人,还叫主持正义,那太可耻了。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

分享到
重点单词
  • boonn. 恩惠 adj. 愉快的
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • modestlyadv. 谨慎地,适当地,谦虚地
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • borevt. 使厌烦 n. 讨厌的人,麻烦事 v. 钻孔,开凿
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • boldadj. 大胆的,粗体的,醒目的,无礼的,陡峭的
  • huntern. 猎人,猎犬,猎马,搜寻者 Hunter: 亨特(姓
  • avengevt. 为 ... 报复,报仇
  • knightn. 骑士,爵士,武士 vt. 授以爵位