冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第209期:第十六章 艾德(4)
日期:2014-06-06 17:04

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Yes it is! Prince Joffrey insisted. They all attacked me, and she threw Lion's Tooth in the river!
明明就是这样!乔佛里王子坚持,他们一起围攻我,她还把狮牙丢进河里!
Ned noticed that he did not so much as glance at Arya as he spoke.
奈德发觉他说话时正眼都不瞧艾莉亚一眼。
Liar! Arya yelled.
你说谎!艾莉亚大叫。
Shut up! the prince yelled back.
够了!国王大吼着从椅子上站起来,
Enough! the king roared, rising from his seat, his voice thick with irritation.
声音里充满了恼怒。四周立时安静,
Silence fell. He glowered at Arya through his thick beard. Now, child, you will tell me what happened.
他吹胡子瞪眼地对艾莉亚说:孩子,你现在把事情经过告诉我,原原本本地告诉我,老老实实地讲。
Tell it all, and tell it true. It is a great crime to lie to a king. Then he looked over at his son.
要知道欺骗国王可是滔天大罪。然后他转向儿子,
When she is done, you will have your turn. Until then, hold your tongue.
等她说完自然会轮到你,在那之前,你给我把嘴闭上。
As Arya began her story, Ned heard the door open behind him.
当艾莉亚开始陈述事情始末时,奈德听见身后大门开启。
He glanced back and saw Vayon Poole enter with Sansa. They stood quietly at the back of the hall as Arya spoke.
他往后一瞄,只见维扬·普尔带着珊莎走了进来。他们静静地站在厅堂后方听艾莉亚说话。
When she got to the part where she threw Joffrey's sword into the middle of the Trident, Renly Baratheon began to laugh.
当她说到把乔佛里的剑丢进三叉戟河那段时,蓝礼·拜拉席恩忍不住哈哈大笑,
The king bristled. Ser Barristan, escort my brother from the hall before he chokes.
国王则怒发冲冠,巴利斯坦爵士,请护送我弟弟出去,免得他笑岔了气。
Lord Renly stifled his laughter. My brother is too kind. I can find the door myself.
蓝礼公爵止住笑。哥哥真是太周到了。我自己可以找到路。
He bowed to Joffrey. Perchance later you'll tell me how a nine-year-old girl the size of a wet rat managed to disarm you with a broom handle and throw your sword in the river.
他朝乔佛里一鞠躬,待会儿你或许可以告诉我,一个干巴巴的九岁小女生究竟是怎么用扫把棍打落你的武器,然后丢进河里的。
As the door swung shut behind him, Ned heard him say, Lion's Tooth, and guffaw once more.
大门关闭之际,奈德还听见他说:好个'狮牙'.说完又是大笑不已。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.glance at 瞥见,一瞥

Tess stole a glance at her husband.
苔丝偷偷地看了她的丈夫一眼。

I quickly stole a glance at dad.
我偷偷的看了爸爸一眼。

2.lie to 向某人撒谎

Do you sometimes lie to her?
你有时候会对他撒谎吗?

An alien observing humans for the first time might wonder why we pay people to lie to us.
如果有外星人首次来观察人类他们可能会奇怪为什么我们人类愿意付人家钱来骗自己。

3.manage to 设法,达成

The rest of europe may well manage to muddle through.
而欧洲其余国家也许能很好地设法渡过此难关。

Many people wonder why google didn't manage to build successful social services.
很多人不知道为什么google没能在社交网络领域取得成功。

分享到
重点单词
  • swordn. 剑,刀
  • glancev. 一瞥,扫视,匆匆一看,反光,闪烁,掠过 n. 一瞥
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说
  • irritationn. 刺激,烦恼,刺激物
  • disarmv. 裁军,解除武装,缓和
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • muddlen. 困惑,混浊状态 vt. 使混乱,使糊涂,使惊呆 v
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会