冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第283期:第十八章 赫德(24)
日期:2014-09-18 17:31

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Much later, when the serious business of eating was done and the others had left,
晚膳用毕,旁人陆续离去之后,莫尔蒙请提利昂在火炉边坐下,
Mormont offered Tyrion a chair beside the fire and a cup of mulled spirits so strong they brought tears to his eyes.
递给他一杯烫过的酒,辛辣得使他眼泪都流了下来。
The kingsroad can be perilous this far north, the Lord Commander told him as they drank.
我们地处极北,国王大道这里的路段恐怕好生危险。他们边喝酒,总司令官边说。
I have Jyck and Morrec, Tyrion said, and Yoren is riding south again.
我有杰克和莫里斯,提利昂道,而且尤伦正好也要南下。
Yoren is only one man. The Watch shall escort you as far as Winterfell, Mormont announced in a tone that brooked no argument. Three men should be sufficient.
尤伦一个人怎么够。守夜人会护送你到临冬城。莫尔蒙的口气不容辩驳。至少要三个人。
If you insist, my lord, Tyrion said. You might send young Snow. He would be glad for a chance to see his brothers.
司令大人,那我就恭敬不如从命。提利昂说,您不妨派出雪诺那小子,让他跟兄弟见个面也好。
Mormont frowned through his thick grey beard. Snow? Oh, the Stark bastard. I think not.
莫尔蒙隔着厚厚的灰胡子皱眉道:雪诺?喔,你是说史塔克那个私生子啊。我看不妥。
The young ones need to forget the lives they left behind them, the brothers and mothers and all that.
年轻人得忘掉他们过去的生活,不管兄弟还是老妈都得放下。
A visit home would only stir up feelings best left alone. I know these things.
回家探亲只会再度激起这些早该忘却的情感。我很清楚这些事。
My own blood kin...my sister Maege rules Bear Island now, since my son's dishonor.
我自己的家人…自我儿子辱没家门,只剩我妹妹梅姬接手统治熊岛,
I have nieces I have never seen. He took a swallow. Besides, Jon Snow is only a boy.
我有好些外甥女都没见过。他灌了口酒。再说,雪诺只是个小鬼。
You shall have three strong swords, to keep you safe.
我要派三个强壮的战士来确保你的安全。
I am touched by your concern, Lord Mormont.
莫尔蒙大人,我真是太感激您的关心了。
The strong drink was making Tyrion light-headed, but not so drunk that he did not realize that the Old Bear wanted something from him.
烈酒让提利昂飘飘欲醉,但还不至于醉到分不清熊老有事相求的地步。
I hope I can repay your kindness.
希望我能回报您的恩情。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.need to 需要;需要

You need to touch up the poem.
你需要给这首诗润色一下。

I must alert him to the need to solve the problem.
我必须使他认识到解决这问题的必要性。

2.be glad for 高兴

Just be glad for all within it that's good.
只要是好事就要感到高兴。

We'll do another mammogram, but for now, let's be glad for a minor miracle.
我们会再为你照一次x光, 但是现在, 让我们为这个小小的奇迹而高兴吧。

分享到
重点单词
  • swallown. 燕子,吞咽,一次吞咽的量 vt. 吞下,咽下,忍受
  • announced宣布的
  • kindnessn. 仁慈,好意
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • alertadj. 警觉的,灵敏的 n. 警戒,警报 vt. 警惕
  • stirn. 感动(激动,愤怒或震动), 搅拌,骚乱 vt. 激
  • tonen. 音调,语气,品质,调子,色调 vt. 使更健壮,装
  • bastardadj. 私生的,错误的,混蛋的 n. 私生子,混蛋
  • kinn. 家族,亲属 adj. 亲属关系的,同类的 suf.
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科