冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第276期:第十八章 赫德(17)
日期:2014-09-09 18:29

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

It is more than that, Catelyn insisted. Ser Rodrik spoke to Ser Aron Santagar in all secrecy, yet somehow the Spider knew of their conversation.

不只如此,凯特琳坚持,罗德利克爵士和艾伦·桑塔加爵士的会面自始至终都秘密进行,但这蜘蛛不知怎么就是知道谈话内容。

I fear that man.

我很怕这个人。

Littlefinger smiled. Leave Lord Varys to me, sweet lady.

小指头微笑。好夫人,

If you will permit me a small obscenity, and where better for it, I hold the man's balls in the palm of my hand. He cupped his fingers, smiling.

瓦里斯伯爵就交给我来对付。容我说几句脏话—还有什么地方比这里更适合了呢?他的卵蛋被我大大方方地捏在手掌心。他合拢指头,笑了,

Or would, if he were a man, or had any balls. You see, if the pie is opened, the birds begin to sing, and Varys would not like that.

当然啰,这里假设他是个有卵蛋的男人。你不妨这么想,假如喜鹊会开口,小小鸟儿要歌唱,那么瓦里斯是不会喜欢的。

Were I you, I would worry more about the Lannisters and less about the eunuch.

好啦,如果我是你,与其担心那太监,不如多提防兰尼斯特的人。

Ned did not need Littlefinger to tell him that.

奈德无需小指头提醒。

He was thinking back to the day Arya had been found, to the look on the queen's face when she said, We have a wolf, so soft and quiet.

他想起找到艾莉亚那天的场景,想起王后当时的神情。谁说我们没有狼?那么地轻声细语。

He was thinking of the boy Mycah, of Jon Arryn's sudden death, of Bran's fall,

他想到男孩米凯,想到琼恩·艾林的猝死,还有布兰坠楼,

of old mad Aerys Targaryen dying on the floor of his throne room while his life's blood dried on a golden blade.

以及丧心病狂的老王伊里斯·坦格利安躺在王座厅的地板上奄奄一息,他的血在镀金宝剑上慢慢干涸的场面。

My lady, he said, turning to Catelyn, there is nothing more you can do here.

夫人,他转向凯特琳,你留在这里也无济于事,

I want you to return to Winterfell at once. If there was one assassin, there could be others.

我希望你即刻返回临冬城。所谓有其一必有其二,难保以后不会有其他刺客上门滋事。

Whoever ordered Bran's death will learn soon enough that the boy still lives.

不管背后主谋是谁,他一定很快就得知布兰活了下来。

I had hoped to see the girls. Catelyn said.

我本想见见女儿……凯特琳道。


背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.attach to v.依附,附属

A tag was attached to each article.
每件物品上都系上了标签。

He attached an aerial to the radio.
他把收音机装上天线。

2.force to 强迫

We have renounced the use of force to settle our disputes.
我们已再次宣布放弃使用武力来解决争端。

This is one of the most powerful exercises we do in my seminars, but even without supervision you can turn it into a force to be reckoned with!
这是在我的讲座中所做的最具感染力的现场实验之一,而且即便是在缺乏监督的情况下,你也可以将之转变为一股不可忽视的力量 。

分享到
重点单词
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • supervisionn. 监督,管理
  • settlev. 安顿,解决,定居 n. 有背的长凳
  • dissuadevt. 劝阻
  • attachv. 附上,系上,贴上,使依恋
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • daggern. 短剑,匕首 [印]剑号
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • spokev. 说,说话,演说