冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第391期:第二十三章 艾德(13)
日期:2015-02-10 16:39

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

A hundred pardons, my lord, his master said hurriedly to Ned.The boy is crude as new steel, and like new steel would profit from some beating.
大人,真是千万个对不起,他的主人急忙对奈德说:这小子倔得跟生铁似的,生铁就是欠打。
That helm is journeyman's work at best. Forgive him and I promise I will craft you a helm like none you have ever seen.
不过这头盔也不是什么值钱家什,若您肯原谅他,我保证为您打一顶前所未有的上等货色。
He's done nothing that requires my forgiveness.
他又没做错事,我没什么好原谅的。
Gendry, when Lord Arryn came to see you, what did you talk about?
詹德利,艾林大人来看你时,你们都说了些什么?
He asked me questions is all, m'lord.
大人,他不过就问了些问题。
What sort of questions?
什么问题?
The boy shrugged. How was I, and was I well treated, and if I liked the work, and stuff about my mother. Who she was and what she looked like and all.
男孩耸肩道:问我过得好不好啊,主人待我如何啊,我喜不喜欢这差事啊,还有我妈的事,问她是谁、长得怎么样这些。
What did you tell him? Ned asked.
你怎么回答?
The boy shoved a fresh fall of black hair off his forehead. She died when I was little.
男孩拨开一撮新垂下的黑发。我还小的时候她就死了。
She had yellow hair, and sometimes she used to sing to me, I remember. She worked in an alehouse.
我只记得她的头发是黄色的,有时会唱歌给我听。她在酒馆里做事。
Did Lord Stannis question you as well?
史坦尼斯大人也问过你问题吗?
The bald one? No, not him. He never said no word, just glared at me, like I was some raper who done for his daughter.
光头的那个?没,他没问。他都不说话,光盯着我瞧,好像我上了他女儿似的。
Mind your filthy tongue, the master said. This is the King's own Hand. The boy lowered his eyes.
讲话当心点,师傅说,你是在和国王的首相大人说话。
A smart boy, but stubborn. That helm...the others call him bullheaded, so he threw it in their teeth.
男孩低下头。这孩子聪明,偏偏就是拗。瞧这头盔…别人骂他牛脾气,他就打顶牛头盔来气他们。
Ned touched the boy's head, fingering the thick black hair. Look at me, Gendry.
奈德摸摸男孩的头,轻搓着他粗黑的头发。詹德利,看着我。
  

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.come to 苏醒;到达

There are thousands of students absolutely gagging to come to this university.
肯定有成千上万的学生都渴望到这所大学念书。

I do hope you'll be able to come to the wedding.
我确实希望你能来参加婚礼。

2.talk about 谈论;讨论;谈到

He was disinclined to talk about himself, especially to his students.
他不喜欢谈论他自己,尤其是当着他学生的面。

She was too exhausted and distressed to talk about the tragedy.
她太累了,而且无比悲伤,没法谈论那场悲剧。

分享到
重点单词
  • touchedadj. 受感动的 adj. 精神失常的
  • craftn. 工艺,手艺,狡诈,航空器,行会成员 vt. 手工制
  • absolutelyadv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地
  • smartadj. 聪明的,时髦的,漂亮的,敏捷的,轻快的,整洁的
  • disinclinedadj. 不愿的,不想的 动词disincline的过去
  • stubbornadj. 顽固的,倔强的,难对付的
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想