冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第198期:第十五章 珊莎(12)
日期:2014-05-21 17:00

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Don't flatter him too sweetly, child, he thinks overmuch of himself already.He smiled at her.
小妹妹,马屁可别拍过头,这家伙已经够自命不凡了。他朝她微笑,
Now, wolf girl, if you can put a name to me as well, then I must concede that you are truly our Hand's daughter.
小狼女,如果你也说得出我是谁,我才真相信你是我们首相的女儿。
Joffrey stiffened beside her.Have a care how you address my betrothed.
在她身边的乔佛里挺直身子:称呼我未婚妻的时候客气点。
I can answer,Sansa said quickly, to quell her prince's anger.
我说得出的。珊莎连忙接口,企图缓和王子的怒意。
She smiled at the green knight.Your helmet bears golden antlers, my lord.
她对绿甲骑士笑道:"大人,您的头盔上有两只金色鹿角,
The stag is the sigil of the royal House. King Robert has two brothers.
这是王室的标志。劳勃国王有两个弟弟,
By your extreme youth, you can only be Renly Baratheon, Lord of Storm's End and councillor to the king, and so I name you.
而您又这么年轻,只可能是风息堡公爵和朝廷重臣蓝礼拜拉席恩,我说的可对?
Ser Barristan chuckled.By his extreme youth, he can only be a prancing jackanapes, and so I name him.
巴利斯坦爵士忍俊不禁:他年纪这么轻,只可能是个没礼貌的捣蛋鬼,像我这么说才对。
There was general laughter, led by Lord Renly himself.
蓝礼公爵听了哈哈大笑,旁人也随声附和,
The tension of a few moments ago was gone, and Sansa was beginning to feel comfortable until Ser Ilyn Payne shouldered two men aside, and stood before her, unsmiling.
几分钟前的紧张气氛消失无踪,珊莎也渐渐觉得舒坦…直到伊林派恩爵士挤开两个人,毫无笑容,
He did not say a word. Lady bared her teeth and began to growl, a low rumble full of menace, but this time Sansa silenced the wolf with a gentle hand to the head.
一言不发地站到她面前。淑女露出利齿咆哮,吼声中充满敌意,但这回珊莎轻拍她的头,要她安静。
I am sorry if I offended you, Ser Ilyn,she said.
伊林爵士,假如我冒犯到您的话,我很抱歉。
She waited for an answer, but none came. As the headsman looked at her,
她等着对方的回答,却始终没有等到。
his pale colorless eyes seemed to strip the clothes away from her, and then the skin, leaving her soul naked before him. Still silent, he turned and walked away.
刽子手就这么看着她,他那双苍白无色的眼睛仿佛能褪去她每一件衣服,剥开肌肤,直到她的灵魂赤裸裸地呈现在他面前。最后他转身离去,依然未吐半字。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.smile at 对…微笑, 以微笑对待

Smile at someone you don't know.
对你不认识的人微笑。

Did you ever smile at your opponents?
你有跟对手微笑过吗?

2.begin to 开始

Within minutes brain cells begin to die.
几分钟后脑细胞开始死亡。

Nobody wants to watch your science projects blossom mold or begin to stink up the communal space.
没有人想看着你的科研项目绽放“霉菌”,也没人想看到它们把整个公共空间搞得臭气熏天。

3.wait for 等待

So the bus need not wait for the fare.
所以,公交车不必为了收费而等待。

It's okay to ask for a coach rather than wait for someone to offer you one.
除了等待公司安排,员工也可以主动要求培训。

4.seem to 似乎

The problem doesn't seem to be price.
价格似乎并不是问题所在。

Europe's troubles seem to be costing them business.
欧洲危机看来正在影响到当地的业务。

分享到
重点单词
  • moldn. 模子,模型,类型,模式,雏型,真菌,软土 vt.
  • tensionn. 紧张,拉力,张力,紧张状态,[电]电压 vt. 使
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • stripn. 长条,条状,脱衣舞 v. 脱衣,剥夺,剥去
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • blossomn. 花,开花,全盛期 vi. 开花,成长
  • quellv. 压制,平息,镇定
  • addressn. 住址,致词,讲话,谈吐,(处理问题的)技巧 vt.
  • concedevt. 承认,给予 vi. 让步
  • colorlessadj. 无色的,苍白的