冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第253期:第十八章 凯特琳(32)
日期:2014-08-08 16:41

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Makes you wonder what lies beyond, a familiar voice said.
墙外是什么,真叫人猜不透,对吧?一个熟悉的声音道。
Jon looked around. Lannister. I didn't see, I mean, I thought I was alone.
琼恩转过头。兰尼斯特。我没看到——我的意思是说,我以为这儿只有我一个人。
Tyrion Lannister was bundled in furs so thickly he looked like a very small bear.
提利昂·兰尼斯特全身裹满毛皮,活像只小熊。
There's much to be said for taking people unawares. You never know what you might learn.
乘人不备好处多多,你永远也不知道会学到些什么。
You won't learn anything from me, Jon told him. He had seen little of the dwarf since their journey ended.
从我这儿你能学到什么?琼恩告诉他。自他们的旅途结束之后,他便很少看到这侏儒。
As the queen's own brother, Tyrion Lannister had been an honored guest of the Night's Watch.
提利昂·兰尼斯特既是王后的弟弟,自然受到贵客般的款待。
The Lord Commander had given him rooms in the King's Tower, so-called, though no king had visited it for a hundred years,
莫尔蒙总司令让他住在国王塔—说得好听,其实已有一百年没国王住过了——和他同桌用餐。
and Lannister dined at Mormont's own table and spent his days riding the Wall and his nights dicing and drinking with Ser Alliser and Bowen Marsh and the other high officers.
兰尼斯特白天在长城上骑马,晚上则与艾里沙爵士、波文·马尔锡和其他高阶官员饮酒赌博。
Oh, I learn things everywhere I go. The little man gestured up at the Wall with a gnarled black walking stick.
唉,我走到哪儿学到哪儿。这矮子用一根粗糙的黑拐杖指着长城,
As I was saying...why is it that when one man builds a wall, the next man immediately needs to know what's on the other side?
我常说……怎么前人千辛万苦才把城墙盖好,后人立刻便想知道墙的另一面有什么?
He cocked his head and looked at Jon with his curious mismatched eyes.
他歪着头,用那双大小不一的古怪眼睛看着琼恩。
You do want to know what's on the other side, don't you?
你也不例外,对不?
It's nothing special, Jon said.
我看没什么特别。琼恩道。
He wanted to ride with Benjen Stark on his rangings, deep into the mysteries of the haunted forest,
他好想跟随班扬·史塔克一同出外巡猎,深入鬼影森林,
wanted to fight Mance Rayder's wildlings and ward the realm against the Others, but it was better not to speak of the things you wanted.
好想与曼斯·雷德的野人交锋,守护王国免于异鬼侵袭,但自己心里想要什么,还是别说出来的好。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.need to 需要;需要做

You need to touch up the poem.
你需要给这首诗润色一下。

Do we need to discuss this question?
这个问题还用得着讨论吗?
2.speak of 谈到;论及

He didn't speak of the accident.
他没有提到那次事故。

The heavy rain speak of the impossibility of the picnic this afternoon.
这场大雨显然使今天下午的野餐泡汤了。

分享到
重点单词
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • dwarfn. 矮子,侏儒 vt. 使矮小 vi. 变小
  • impossibilityn. 不可能之事,不可能,不可能性
  • wardn. 守卫,监护,受监护人,病房,行政区 vt. 守护,
  • realmn. 王国,领域
  • marshn. 沼泽,湿地 Marsh:马什(人名)
  • commandern. 司令官,指挥官