冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第216期:第十七章 布兰(2)
日期:2014-06-17 16:56

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

I'm trying, the crow replied. Say, got any corn?
我正在想办法,乌鸦回答,嘿,你可有玉米?
Bran reached into his pocket as the darkness spun dizzily around him.
黑暗在他周围晕眩地旋转,布兰忙把手伸进口袋,
When he pulled his hand out, golden kernels slid from between his fingers into the air. They fell with him.
抽出来时,金黄的谷粒由他指间滑下,与他一同坠落。
The crow landed on his hand and began to eat.
乌鸦停在他手上,开始啄食。
Are you really a crow? Bran asked.
你真的是乌鸦?布兰问。
Are you really falling? the crow asked back.
你真的在往下坠?乌鸦反问。
It's just a dream, Bran said.
这只是一场梦。布兰说。
Is it? asked the crow.
是吗?乌鸦又问。
I'll wake up when I hit the ground, Bran told the bird.
我摔到地面的时候自然会醒的。布兰告诉鸟儿。
You'll die when you hit the ground, the crow said. It went back to eating corn.
等摔到地面你就死了,乌鸦说完,径自去吃玉米。
Bran looked down. He could see mountains now, their peaks white with snow, and the silver thread of rivers in dark woods. He closed his eyes and began to cry.
布兰低下头,现在他可以看见白雪皑皑的连绵峰峦,银色河流在深绿树林中留下的蜿蜒丝线。他闭上双眼,哭了起来。
That won't do any good, the crow said. I told you, the answer is flying, not crying.
哭哭啼啼没用的,乌鸦说,我说了,惟一的办法就是飞,不是掉眼泪。
How hard can it be? I'm doing it. The crow took to the air and flapped around Bran's hand.
这有什么难?我不就在飞?乌鸦腾空飞起,拍着翅膀,绕在布兰手边。
You have wings, Bran pointed out.
可你有翅膀。布兰指出。
Maybe you do too.
说不定你也有。
Bran felt along his shoulders, groping for feathers.
布兰沿着肩膀摸索,想找自己的羽毛。
There are different kinds of wings, the crow said.
翅膀不只一种,乌鸦说。
Bran was staring at his arms, his legs. He was so skinny, just skin stretched taut over bones. Had he always been so thin? He tried to remember.
布兰看到自己的手脚,好瘦啊,瘦得跟皮包骨一样。难道他一直都这么瘦?他试着去回忆。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

语连珠

1.begin to 开始

Within minutes brain cells begin to die.
几分钟后脑细胞开始死亡。

Nobody wants to watch your science projects blossom mold or begin to stink up the communal space.
没有人想看着你的科研项目绽放“霉菌”,也没人想看到它们把整个公共空间搞得臭气熏天。

2.go back to 回去

Let's go back to the decision to do a deal at all.
让我们回到最开始的问题,当初为何决定要达成这项交易?

I'll go back to the appfog example.
现在回到最开始的那个appfog的故事。

3.point out 提示;点明;指明

But he does point out that some of the pledges apple made have not been fulfilled.
但他指出,苹果承诺过的一些事情并没有兑现。

May we flatter ourselves to point out that bernanke should have been subscribed to hedgeye's research?
也许我们应该不谦虚地指出,伯南克应该订阅Hedgeye的研究报告了?

分享到
重点单词
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • threadn. 线,细丝,线索,思路,螺纹 vt. 穿线于,穿过,
  • cornn. 谷物,小麦,玉米 v. 形成(颗粒状),腌,(用谷
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • blossomn. 花,开花,全盛期 vi. 开花,成长
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • moldn. 模子,模型,类型,模式,雏型,真菌,软土 vt.
  • tautadj. 拉紧的,整洁的,紧张的
  • decisionn. 决定,决策