冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第310期:第十九章 艾莉亚(15)
日期:2014-10-30 15:44

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

He held Needle out to her, hilt first. Here.
他把缝衣针递给她,剑柄在前。拿去罢。
She looked at the sword with wonder in her eyes.
她惊讶地盯着剑,
For a moment she was afraid to touch it, afraid that if she reached for it it would be snatched away again,
半晌都不敢碰,生怕自己一伸手剑又被拿走。
but then her father said, Go on, it's yours, and she took it in her hand.
只听父亲说:拿啊,这是你的了。她这才伸手接过。
I can keep it? she said. For true?
我可以留着吗?她问。真的吗?
For true. He smiled. If I took it away, no doubt I'd find a morningstar hidden under your pillow within the fortnight.
真的。他微笑着说。我要是把它给拿走了,只怕没两个星期就会在你枕头下找到流星锤罢。
Try not to stab your sister, whatever the provocation.
算啦,无论你多生气,别拿剑刺你姐姐就好。
I won't. I promise. Arya clutched Needle tightly to her chest as her father took his leave.
我不会,我保证不会。艾莉亚紧紧地把缝衣针抱在胸前,目送父亲离去。
The next morning, as they broke their fast, she apologized to Septa Mordane and asked for her pardon.
隔天吃早饭时,她向茉丹修女道歉,并请求原谅。
The septa peered at her suspiciously, but Father nodded.
修女狐疑地看着她,但父亲点了点头。
Three days later, at midday, her father's steward Vayon Poole sent Arya to the Small Hall.
隔天吃早饭时,她向茉丹修女道歉,并请求原谅。
The trestle tables had been dismantled and the benches shoved against the walls.
餐桌业已拆除,长凳也推至墙边,小厅里空荡荡的。
The hall seemed empty, until an unfamiliar voice said, You are late, boy.
突然,有个陌生的声音说:小子,你迟到了。
A slight man with a bald head and a great beak of a nose stepped out of the shadows, holding a pair of slender wooden swords.
然后一个身形清癯,生着鹰钩大鼻的光头男子从阴影里走出来,手里握着一对细细的木剑。
Tomorrow you will be here at midday. He had an accent, the lilt of the Free Cities, Bravos perhaps, or Myr.
从明天起你正午就必须到。他说话带着口音,像是自由贸易城邦的腔调,可能是布拉佛斯,或是密尔。
Who are you? Arya asked.
你是谁?艾莉亚问。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.hold out 坚持;伸出;提供;维持

We can stay here for as long as our supplies hold out.
我们的供应品能维持多久,我们就能在这里呆多久。

If Republicans hold out, and taxes go up, he should tell the nation the truth, and denounce the blackmail attempt for what it is.
如果共和党人坚持不合作导致税费上涨,那么总统先生就应该站出来告诉全体国民实情,并且公开指责敲诈者的罪行。

2.clutch to 紧紧抓住

Why do we clutch to this baggage even we are desperate to move on?
但是,为什么有时候当我们渴望前行时,仍然会紧紧抓住一些“包袱”不放呢?

You'd better lose those love handles rapid. I'm weary of having so many to clutch on to.
你最好快把你的肥肚子减掉。我对老是有这么多(肥肉)在那里让我抓着觉得很烦。

分享到
重点单词
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • pardonn. 原谅,赦免 vt. 宽恕,原谅
  • swordn. 剑,刀
  • unfamiliaradj. 不熟悉的
  • blackmailn. 勒索 vt. 勒索,讹诈
  • provocationn. 激怒,刺激,挑拨,挑衅的事物,激怒的原因
  • denouncev. 告发,公然抨击
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • needlen. 针 vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄 vi. 缝纫
  • slenderadj. 细长的,苗条的,微薄的,少量的