冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第189期:第十五章 珊莎(3)
日期:2014-05-08 16:58

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Arya was wearing the same riding leathers she had worn yesterday and the day before.
艾莉亚身上穿的正是昨天那套皮革马装,她前天穿的也是这套。
You better put on something pretty, Sansa told her. Septa Mordane said so. We're traveling in the queen's wheelhouse with Princess Myrcella today.
我看你还是快换件像样的衣服吧,珊莎对她说。这可是茉丹修女说的。今天我们要和弥赛菈公主一起搭乘王后的轮宫呢。
I'm not, Arya said, trying to brush a tangle out of Nymeria's matted grey fur. Mycah and I are going to ride upstream and look for rubies at the ford.
我不去。艾莉亚一边说,一边试着把娜梅莉亚身上一撮打结的毛梳整齐。我跟米凯要骑马到河上游的浅滩去找红宝石。
Rubies, Sansa said, lost. What rubies?
红宝石,珊莎不明白,什么红宝石?
Arya gave her a look like she was so stupid. Rhaegar's rubies. This is where King Robert killed him and won the crown.
艾莉亚白了她一眼,仿佛把她当成蠢蛋。当然是雷加的红宝石啊。当年劳勃国王就是在那儿杀死他夺得王位的。
Sansa regarded her scrawny little sister in disbelief. You can't look for rubies, the princess is expecting us. The queen invited us both.
珊莎难以置信地望着自己骨瘦如柴的小妹。不准你去找什么红宝石,公主正等着我们呢,王后邀请的是我们两人。
I don't care, Arya said. The wheelhouse doesn't even have windows, you can't see a thing.
我才不管。艾莉亚说:轮宫里连扇窗户都没有,什么也看不见。
What could you want to see? Sansa said, annoyed.
外面有什么好看?珊莎不悦地说。
She had been thrilled by the invitation, and her stupid sister was going to ruin everything, just as she'd feared. It's all just fields and farms and holdfasts.
对于这次邀请她可是满心期待,但她蠢笨的妹妹却要搞砸一切,正如她所害怕的。不过是些田地、农场和村落罢了。
It is not, Arya said stubbornly. If you came with us sometimes, you'd see.
才不是呢。艾莉亚固执地说,哪天你跟我们一起去看看就知道了。
I hate riding, Sansa said fervently. All it does is get you soiled and dusty and sore.
我最讨厌骑马了,珊莎激动地说,只会溅得一身泥沙,浑身酸麻。
Arya shrugged. Hold still, she snapped at Nymeria, I'm not hurting you.
艾莉亚耸耸肩。别动,她斥责娜梅莉亚。我不会伤害你的。
Then to Sansa she said, When we were crossing the Neck, I counted thirty-six flowers I never saw before, and Mycah showed me a lizard-lion.
然后她转向珊莎说,不是啦,穿越颈泽的时候,我一共发现了三十六种以前没见过的花,米凯还给我看了一只蜥狮呢。
Sansa shuddered. They had been twelve days crossing the Neck, rumbling down a crooked causeway through an endless black bog, and she had hated every moment of it.
珊莎听了浑身颤抖。他们沿着蜿蜒的堤道,缓慢地通过看似永无止尽的黑色泥泞,一共花了十二天的时间方才穿越颈泽。对于这趟旅程,她可是从头痛恨到尾。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.look for 寻找

Look for a second job or odd jobs.
找第二份工作或者做零工。

As a result, it has had to look for financing internally.
因此,阿根廷必须在国内找寻可供借贷的融资。

2.want to 想要

Want to be public in 2012?
想2012年上市吗?

Customers want to be taught, not sold.
对客户要授之以渔,而不是授之以鱼。

3.come with 伴随... 发生

Can I come with you?
我能和你一起走吗?

Trouble not thyself, but come with me to another city.
别再庸人自扰,跟我去另一座城吧。

4.snap at 厉声斥责

You don't have to snap at me.
你没必要对我大喊大叫。

He may snap at any minute.
他随时可能精神崩溃。

分享到
重点单词
  • invitationn. 邀请,招待,邀请函,引诱,招致
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • financingn. 融资,资金供应 动词finance的现在分词
  • stubbornlyadv. 倔强地;顽固地
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • disbeliefn. 不相信,怀疑
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • furn. 毛皮,软毛,皮衣,毛皮制品 vt. 用毛皮制作,用
  • countedvt. 计算;认为 vi. 计数;有价值 n. 计数;计