冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第370期:第二十二章 琼恩(13)
日期:2015-01-08 16:18

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

Do you ever find anyone in your dream? Sam asked.
在梦中你找到人了吗?山姆问。
Jon shook his head. No one. The castle is always empty.
琼恩摇摇头。一次也没有。城堡里总是空无一人。
He had never told anyone of the dream, and he did not understand why he was telling Sam now, yet somehow it felt good to talk of it.
他从未对人说起过这个梦,更不明白自己此刻为何独对山姆敞开胸怀,但说出来的感觉真好。
Even the ravens are gone from the rookery, and the stables are full of bones.
连鸟巢里的乌鸦也不见了,马厩里只剩下一堆枯骨。
That always scares me.
每次都把我吓得半死。
I start to run then, throwing open doors, climbing the tower three steps at a time, screaming for someone, for anyone.
我开始乱跑,到处开门,三步并作两步地爬着高塔楼梯,尖叫着别人的名字,任何人都好。
And then I find myself in front of the door to the crypts. It's black inside, and I can see the steps spiraling down.
最后,我发现自己站在通往地下墓窖的门前,里面一团漆黑,我只能看见蜿蜒向下的螺旋梯。
Somehow I know I have to go down there, but I don't want to.
不知怎的,我很清楚自己必须下去,但我却不想下去。
I'm afraid of what might be waiting for me.
我害怕等在里面的东西。
The old Kings of Winter are down there, sitting on their thrones with stone wolves at their feet and iron swords across their laps, but it's not them I'm afraid of.
古时候历代的冬境之王都在那儿,坐在他们的王位上,石雕狼躺在脚边,大腿横放着铁剑,可我怕的却不是他们。
I scream that I'm not a Stark, that this isn't my place, but it's no good, I have to go anyway, so I start down, feeling the walls as I descend, with no torch to light the way.
我大声尖叫,我告诉他们我不是史塔克家的人,此地与我无关,然而没有用,不管怎样我都必须下去。于是我扶着墙壁前进,没有火把照明,我只好慢慢往下走。
It gets darker and darker, until I want to scream.
路越来越暗,越来越暗,暗到我直想尖叫。
He stopped, frowning, embarrassed. That's when I always wake.
他停下来,皱起眉头,觉得很不好意思。每次梦到这里,我就醒了。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.scream for 强烈要求

I wanted to scream for help, pray, kick.
我想高喊救命, 祈祷平安, 奋力挣扎.

I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice-cream!
本人叫喊, 你叫喊, 本人们都喊着要冰淇淋!

2.go down 下降;下沉;下去

Only two go down at the end of this season.
本赛季末只有两支队伍降级。

At midday everyone would go down to Reg's Cafe.
中午,大家都会下楼去雷吉餐馆。

分享到