冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第233期:第十八章 凯特琳(12)
日期:2014-07-11 17:16

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

They went well with the silver mockingbird that fastened his cloak. Even as a child, he had always loved his silver.
这个特质和他系住披风的银白仿声鸟倒是挺配,他从小就得意自己的少年白。
How did you know I was in the city? she asked him.
你怎么知道我在城里?她问。
Lord Varys knows all, Petyr said with a sly smile.
因为瓦里斯消息灵通。培提尔露出一抹促狭的微笑。
He will be joining us shortly, but I wanted to see you alone first. It has been too long, Cat. How many years?
他马上就来,我只是想先单独见见你。凯特,我们好久不见,算算,多少年了?
Catelyn ignored his familiarity. There were more important questions. So it was the King's Spider who found me.
凯特琳不理睬他的亲昵,如今她有比这更重要的事情要问。原来是八爪蜘蛛找到我的。
Littlefinger winced. You don't want to call him that. He's very sensitive. Comes of being an eunuch, I imagine.
小指头皱眉道:可别当面这样叫他哟。他这人敏感得很,大概和身为太监有关吧。
Nothing happens in this city without Varys knowing. Oftimes he knows about it before it happens. He has informants everywhere.
城里的事,瓦里斯不但都知道,还常常未卜先知。到处都有他的眼线,他称呼他们作他的小小鸟儿。
His little birds, he calls them. One of his little birds heard about your visit. Thankfully, Varys came to me first.
他的一只小小鸟听说了你抵达的消息。谢天谢地,瓦里斯知道以后,第一个找的人是我。
Why you?
为什么第一个找你?
He shrugged. Why not me? I am master of coin, the king's own councillor.
他耸耸肩。为什么不呢?我是财政大臣,也是国王的御前顾问。
Selmy and Lord Renly rode north to meet Robert, and Lord Stannis is gone to Dragonstone, leaving only Maester Pycelle and me.
赛尔弥和蓝礼公爵到北边去迎接劳勃,史坦尼斯大人回了龙石岛,只剩下派席尔国师和我。
I was the obvious choice. I was ever a friend to your sister Lysa, Varys knows that.
我是当然的选择,何况瓦里斯知道我还是你妹妹莱莎的朋友。
Does Varys know about?
那瓦里斯知不知道…
Lord Varys knows everything?except why you are here. He lifted an eyebrow. Why are you here?
瓦里斯大人什么都知道……惟独不知道你为什么造访。他抬起一边眉毛。你到底为什么造访?

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

语连珠

1.know about 知道,了解

Here are a few facets you might not know about.
但有些事情你可能未必知道。

Everything I know about it I picked up from the same sources you did.
对于该动向,我了解信息的渠道与各位完全一样。

2.heard about 听说

Most heard about 1989 from their parents or high school teachers.
多数人都从自己的父母或高中老师那里听说过1989年的事件。

We've all heard about antioxidants as cancer fighters.
我们都听到过抗氧化剂是抗癌斗士的说法。

分享到
重点单词
  • familiarityn. 亲密,熟悉,精通,不拘礼节
  • exceptvt. 除,除外 prep. & conj. 除了 ..
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • obviousadj. 明显的,显然的
  • eyebrown. 眉毛,[建]窗头线饰
  • spidern. 蜘蛛
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的