冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第200期:第十五章 珊莎(14)
日期:2014-05-23 17:08

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Jofftey reflected a moment. We could go riding.
乔佛里想了想。我们可以去骑马。
Oh, I love riding, Sansa said.
噢,我最喜欢骑马了。珊莎道。
Joffrey glanced back at Lady, who was following at their heels.
乔佛里回头看看跟在他们身后的淑女。
Your wolf is liable to frighten the horses, and my dog seems to frighten you.
你的狼会吓着马,而我的狗好像也吓着了你,
Let us leave them both behind and set off on our own, what do you say?
不如我们把他们都留在这儿,自己出去玩,你看怎么样?
Sansa hesitated. If you like, she said uncertainly. I suppose I could tie Lady up.
珊莎迟疑了一会儿。您觉得好就好,她犹豫道,我想我得先把淑女拴起来。
She did not quite understand, though. I didn't know you had a dog?
可她还有些地方没听懂。其实我不知道您养了狗…
Joffrey laughed. He's my mother's dog, in truth. She has set him to guard me, and so he does.
乔佛里笑道:他是我妈的狗,她叫他负责保护我,他就这么跟着我了。
You mean the Hound, she said. She wanted to hit herself for being so slow.
原来您指的是'猎狗'.她边说边懊恼自己反应迟钝,
Her prince would never love her if she seemed stupid. Is it safe to leave him behind?
假如她是个笨蛋,那么王子是决计不会爱她的。这样做好吗?
Prince Joffrey looked annoyed that she would even ask. Have no fear, lady.
乔佛里王子听了似乎有点不高兴。小姐,用不着害怕,
I am almost a man grown, and I don't fight with wood like your brothers.
我都快成年了,我可不像你哥哥只会用木头剑,
All I need is this. He drew his sword and showed it to her;
我有这个。他抽出佩剑给珊莎看。
a longsword adroitly shrunken to suit a boy of twelve, gleaming blue steel, castle-forged and double-edged, with a leather grip and a lion's-head pommel in gold.
那是把经过巧妙微缩,恰好适合十二岁男孩需要的长剑,剑身是用精钢打造,泛着蓝光,两面开刃,剑柄裹着皮革,尾端则是一个黄金做的狮头。
Sansa exclaimed over it admiringly, and Joffrey looked pleased. I call it Lion's Tooth, he said.
珊莎看得连声赞叹,乔佛里相当满意。我叫它狮牙。
And so they left her direwolf and his bodyguard behind them, while they ranged east along the north bank of the Trident with no company save Lion's Tooth.
于是他们把冰原狼和保镖抛在脑后,沿着三叉戟河北岸往西行去,除了'狮牙'以外,没有别的同伴。
It was a glorious day, a magical day. The air was warm and heavy with the scent of flowers, and the woods here had a gentle beauty that Sansa had never seen in the north.
这是个神奇而灿烂的日子,温暖的空气里弥漫花香,这儿的树林有种珊莎在北方的林子从未见到的柔和之美。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.liable to 易受,应受

When cupid's hand is forced, his arrow is liable to misfire.
如果丘比特手不由己,他的箭就可能射偏。

Distributive social justice is liable to be 'illusory' on both accounts.
分配的社会公正性不可能实现有两方面的原因。

2.set off 开始;引起

Within days they will set off again to seek their prey.
几天后海盗们将再度出发寻找他们的猎物。

By midmorning we were done with the eiffel tower and had set off for versailles.
上午的时候,我们已经结束了埃菲尔铁塔的游览,出发前往凡尔赛宫。

3.tie up 阻碍;包起来

Will you help me tie up this package?
你能帮我把这个包裹绑起来吗?

Prissy, come tie up this cow!
普丽赛,把那只母牛绑起来!

4.fight with 与…争斗;联盟作战

Did she fight with anyone?
她和别人打架了么?

Why did you fight with him?
那你为什么和他吵架呢?

分享到
重点单词
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • bodyguardn. 警卫员,保卫人员,保镖
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • frightenvt. 使惊吓,惊恐 vi. 惊吓
  • annoyedadj. 恼怒的;烦闷的 v. 使烦恼;打扰(annoy
  • cown. 母牛,母兽 vt. 恐吓
  • leathern. 皮革,皮制品 adj. 皮革制的 vt. 用皮革覆
  • liableadj. 有义务的,应负责的,有 ... 倾向
  • illusoryadj. 虚幻的,幻觉的
  • magicaladj. 魔术的,有魔力的,神奇的