冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第205期:第十六章 珊莎(19)
日期:2014-05-30 17:27

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

His shirt was soaked in blood. Arya said, She didn't hurt you...much.
他的衣服上全是血。艾莉亚说:她也没把你…伤得太厉害嘛。
She picked up Lion's Tooth where it had fallen, and stood over him, holding the sword with both hands.
她捡起狮牙,站在他跟前,双手握剑。
Jofftey made a scared whimpery sound as he looked up at her. No, he said, don't hurt me. I'll tell my mother.
乔佛里抬头看到她,发出害怕的呜咽。不要,他说,不要伤害我,不然我要去告诉妈妈。
You leave him alone! Sansa screamed at her sister.
你别欺负他!珊莎对妹妹尖叫。
Arya whirled and heaved the sword into the air, putting her whole body into the throw.
艾莉亚猛地一旋身,用尽全身力气把剑抛了出去。
The blue steel flashed in the sun as the sword spun out over the river.
宝剑飞过河面,蓝钢打造的剑身在阳光下闪闪发光,
It hit the water and vanished with a splash. Joffrey moaned. Arya ran off to her horse, Nymeria loping at her heels.
最后噗通一声掉进水里,刹时便沉了下去。乔佛里见状又是一声呻吟。艾莉亚跑向她的坐骑,娜梅莉亚跟在她后面。
After they had gone, Sansa went to Prince Joffrey. His eyes were closed in pain, his breath ragged. Sansa knelt beside him.
她们离开后,珊莎走到王子身旁。他痛苦地紧闭双眼,呼吸急促。珊莎在他身旁跪下。
Joffrey, she sobbed. Oh, look what they did, look what they did. My poor prince.
乔佛里,她抽噎道,噢,看看她们做了什么好事,把你伤成这样。我可怜的王子,
Don't be afraid. I'll ride to the holdfast and bring help for you. Tenderly she reached out and brushed back his soft blond hair.
你别害怕,我这就骑马去刚才的庄园,找人来帮忙。她伸手温柔地拨开他柔软的金发。
His eyes snapped open and looked at her, and there was nothing but loathing there, nothing but the vilest contempt.
他猛然睁开双眼,眼里只有恨意和最彻底的轻蔑。
Then go, he spit at her. And don't touch me.
那就滚罢。他对她啐了口唾沫。还有,不准碰我。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.hold with 同意;容忍

I don't hold with his views on education.
我不同意他在教育问题上的观点。

I hold with the latter viewpoint.
我赞同后一种观点。

2.run off 偷走;流失

Why does my man run off to sea at every opportunity?
为什么我家男人一有机会就要跑去海上?

Why'd you run off with my stuff?
你为什么带着我的东西跑掉了?

3.brush back 刷来刷去

Want me to stop and brush on my way back?
要不我先去刷牙吧?

You're supposed to get up, brush the dust off, and get back on that horse!
他会站起身来,掸掸灰尘,然后重新骑上马背!

分享到
重点单词
  • contemptn. 轻视,轻蔑
  • soakedadj. 湿透的 动词soak的过去式和过去分词
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • loathingn. 嫌恶 adj. 厌恶的 vt. 讨厌(loathe
  • opportunityn. 机会,时机
  • swordn. 剑,刀