冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第286期:第十八章 赫德(27)
日期:2014-09-23 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

You are a young man, Tyrion, Mormont said. How many winters have you seen?
提利昂,你还年轻,莫尔蒙道,经历过几个冬天?
He shrugged. Eight, nine. I misremember.
他耸耸肩。八九个罢,我记不清了。
And all of them short.
而且都不长,对吧?
As you say, my lord. He had been born in the dead of winter, a terrible cruel one that the maesters said had lasted near three years,
您说得没错,大人。他降生于严冬之际,据学士们说,那是特别酷寒的一次冬天,整整长达三年之久,
but Tyrion's earliest memories were of spring.
然而提利昂最早的记忆却是春季。
When I was a boy, it was said that a long summer always meant a long winter to come.
我打小的时候,便听说接着长夏而来的会是更漫长的冬季。
This summer has lasted nine years, Tyrion, and a tenth will soon be upon us. Think on that.
这次的夏天已经过了九年,提利昂,很快便要进入第十个年头。想想看这意味着什么罢。
When I was a boy, Tyrion replied, my wet nurse told me that one day, if men were good, the gods would give the world a summer without ending.
而我小时候呢,提利昂应道,我奶妈告诉我,倘若有朝一日,人们都能和睦相处,知礼向善,那么诸神便会让盛夏永无止尽。
Perhaps we've been better than we thought, and the Great Summer is finally at hand. He grinned.
说不定是咱们表现得比意料中好,而传说中的永夏已经降临了哪。他嘻嘻一笑。
The Lord Commander did not seem amused. You are not fool enough to believe that, my lord. Already the days grow shorter.
守夜人军团总司令却没有开玩笑的心情。大人,您不会蠢到相信这种事的。白昼已经渐渐缩短,
There can be no mistake, Aemon has had letters from the Citadel, findings in accord with his own. The end of summer stares us in the face.
这千真万确。伊蒙收到过学城寄来的信,与他的推论不谋而合。夏日将尽已是不容置疑的事实。
Mormont reached out and clutched Tyrion tightly by the hand. You must make them understand.
莫尔蒙伸手紧紧抓住提利昂。你一定得教他们了解事态的严重性。
I tell you, my lord, the darkness is coming.
我告诉你,大人,前所未有的黑暗时代即将来临。
There are wild things in the woods, direwolves and mammoths and snow bears the size of aurochs, and I have seen darker shapes in my dreams.
森林里各种怪兽出没,有冰原狼、长毛象和野牛一般大的雪熊,我还梦见过更可怕的东西。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.enough to 足以,足够做

The sale of the house should fetch in enough to pay our debts.
出售这栋房子足以付清欠我们的债。

She was unlucky enough to draw kitchen cleanup twice in one week.
她够倒霉的,在一周内两次抽签得下厨打扫。

2.wild things 野生动物

We were doing wild things all night.
我们一整晚都在作很野的事情.

We were too young at the time, doing wild things, Mr.Li said by email.
李俊通过电子邮件说,我们当时太年轻,净干些疯事。

分享到
重点单词
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • accordn. 一致,符合 v. 使一致,调解,给予
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • commandern. 司令官,指挥官
  • amusedadj. 有趣的