冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第277期:第十八章 赫德(17)
日期:2014-09-10 17:19

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

That would be most unwise, Littlefinger put in. The Red Keep is full of curious eyes, and children talk.
那就太不明智了。小指头插话。红堡处处隔墙有耳,更何况小孩子口风不紧。
He speaks truly, my love, Ned told her. He embraced her. Take Ser Rodrik and ride for Winterfell.
亲爱的,他说得有理。奈德告诉她,一边给她拥抱。带上罗德利克爵士,启程回临冬城去罢。
I will watch over the girls. Go home to our sons and keep them safe.
我会好好照顾女儿们。回到我们的儿子身边,保护好他们。
As you say, my lord. Catelyn lifted her face, and Ned kissed her.
那就这样,大人凯特琳抬起脸,奈德吻了她。
Her maimed fingers clutched against his back with a desperate strength, as if to hold him safe forever in the shelter of her arms.
她受伤的手用一种近乎绝望的力量环抱住他的背,仿佛要将他永远留在自己安全的怀抱里。
Would the lord and lady like the use of a bedchamber? asked Littlefinger.
老爷、夫人莫不借卧室一用?小指头问,
I should warn you, Stark, we usually charge for that sort of thing around here.
不过我先提醒你,史塔克,在这儿开房办事是要收费的。
A moment alone, that's all I ask, Catelyn said.
让我们独处一下就好。凯特琳道。
Very well. Littlefinger strolled to the door. Don't be too long.
也罢。小指头朝门边走去。别拖太久。
It is past time the Hand and I returned to the castle, before our absence is noted.
我和首相大人早该回到城里,以免失踪太久他人起疑。
Catelyn went to him and took his hands in her own. I will not forget the help you gave me, Petyr.
凯特琳走到他身边握住他的手。培提尔,我永远不会忘记你的帮助。
When your men came for me, I did not know whether they were taking me to a friend or an enemy.
你手下来找我的时候,我原不知自己将落入朋友还是敌人的手中。
I have found you more than a friend. I have found a brother I'd thought lost.
结果我发现你不仅是朋友,还是我失散多年的弟弟。
Petyr Baelish smiled. I am desperately sentimental, sweet lady. Best not tell anyone.
培提尔·贝里席微笑道:好夫人,我这人就是多愁善感,这话还请你千万别告诉他人。
I have spent years convincing the court that I am wicked and cruel, and I should hate to see all that hard work go for naught.
这些年来我在宫廷里费尽心力,想让别人以为我是个既邪恶又残酷的人,实在不愿就这么功亏一篑。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.put in 提出,提交;放入

The boat put in at Shanghai for repairs.
那艘船进了上海港进行检修。

Shall we put in at the bar for a drink?
我们在那家酒吧停下来喝一杯好吗?

2.take to 走向;开始从事

Our factory has taken to making children's boots.
我们厂开始生产童靴。

He left the medical profession and took to journalism.
他离开了医学界,开始从事新闻工作。

分享到
重点单词
  • sentimentaladj. 感伤性的,感情脆弱的
  • unwiseadj. 不聪明的,愚笨的
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • wickedadj. 坏的,邪恶的,缺德的 adv. 极端地,非常地
  • desperateadj. 绝望的,不顾一切的
  • castlen. 城堡 v. 置于城堡中,(棋)移动王车易位
  • convincingadj. 使人信服的,有力的,令人心悦诚服的 vbl.
  • curiousadj. 好奇的,奇特的
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • sheltern. 庇护所,避难所,庇护 v. 庇护,保护,隐匿