冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第306期:第十九章 艾莉亚(11)
日期:2014-10-24 16:40

(单词翻译:单击)

中英文本

I ought to snap this toy across my knee here and now, and put an end to this nonsense.
我真应该现在就用膝盖把这玩意儿折断,终止这场闹剧。
Needle wouldn't break, Arya said defiantly, but her voice betrayed her words.
缝衣针不会断的。艾莉亚不服气地说,然而她知道自己的口气颇为心虚。
It has a name, does it? Her father sighed. Ah, Arya. You have a wildness in you, child.
它还有名字?父亲叹道,啊,艾莉亚,我的孩子,
The wolf blood,my father used to call it. Lyanna had a touch of it, and my brother Brandon more than a touch.
你有股特别的野性,你的祖父称之为奔狼之血.莱安娜有那么一点,我哥哥布兰登则更多,
It brought them both to an early grave. Arya heard sadness in his voice; he did not often speak of his father, or of the brother and sister who had died before she was born.
结果两人都英年早逝。
Lyanna might have carried a sword, if my lord father had allowed it.
艾莉亚从他话音里听出了哀伤,他鲜少谈及自己的父亲和兄妹,他们都在她出生前就过世了。
You remind me of her sometimes. You even look like her.
当初若是你祖父答应,莱安娜大概也会舞刀弄剑。有时候看到你,我就想起她,你甚至长得都跟她有几分神似。
Lyanna was beautiful, Arya said, startled. Everybody said so.
莱安娜是个大美人。艾莉亚错愕地道。每个人都这么说,
It was not a thing that was ever said of Arya.
但从没有人拿她来形容艾莉亚。
She was, Eddard Stark agreed, beautiful, and willful, and dead before her time.
可不是吗?艾德·史塔克同意,她既美丽又任性,结果红颜薄命。
He lifted the sword, held it out between them. Arya, what did you think to do with this Needle?
他举起剑,隔在两人之间。艾莉亚,你要这缝衣针做什么?
Who did you hope to skewer? Your sister? Septa Mordane? Do you know the first thing about sword fighting?
你想拿来对付谁?你姐姐?还是茉丹修女?你知道剑道的第一步是什么?
All she could think of was the lesson Jon had given her. Stick them with the pointy end, she blurted out.
她惟一能想到的只是琼恩教过她的东西。用尖的那端去刺敌人。她脱口而出。
Her father snorted back laughter. That is the essence of it, I suppose.
父亲忍俊不禁。我想这的确是剑术的精髓。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.use to 过去常常

It is no use to sermon me.
对我唠叨可没用。

What tool should I use to analyze it?
我应该使用什么工具来分析它?

2.hold out 坚持;伸出;提供;维持

We can stay here for as long as our supplies hold out.
我们的供应品能维持多久,我们就能在这里呆多久。

If Republicans hold out, and taxes go up, he should tell the nation the truth, and denounce the blackmail attempt for what it is.
如果共和党人坚持不合作导致税费上涨,那么总统先生就应该站出来告诉全体国民实情,并且公开指责敲诈者的罪行。

分享到
重点单词
  • willfuladj. 任性的,故意的,有意的
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • sermonn. 布道,说教
  • denouncev. 告发,公然抨击
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • needlen. 针 vt. 用针缝,激怒,嘲弄 vi. 缝纫
  • blackmailn. 勒索 vt. 勒索,讹诈
  • skewern. 串肉杆 vt. 用杆串好
  • essencen. 本质,精髓,要素,香精