冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第191期:第十五章 珊莎(5)
日期:2014-05-12 16:39

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Arya was still going on, brushing out Nymeria's tangles and chattering about things she'd seen on the trek south.
瞧她现在吧,艾莉亚仍旧没完没了,一边梳理娜梅莉亚的毛团,一边絮絮叨叨这次南下的所见所闻。
Last week we found this haunted watchtower, and the day before we chased a herd of wild horses.
上星期我们找到一座很阴森的瞭望塔,昨天我们才追赶了一大群野马。
You should have seen them run when they caught a scent of Nymeria. The wolf wriggled in her grasp and Arya scolded her.
你真该来看看他们一闻到娜梅莉亚拔腿就跑的模样。小狼在她的魔掌下扭个不停,
Stop that, I have to do the other side, you're all muddy.
艾莉亚又叱道:别闹,还有一边要弄呢,瞧你全身都是泥巴。
You're not supposed to leave the column, Sansa reminded her. Father said so.
你不该擅自脱队,珊莎提醒她,父亲大人说过的。
Arya shrugged. I didn't go far. Anyway, Nymeria was with me the whole time.
艾莉亚一耸肩:我又没跑远。反正有娜梅莉亚陪在身边。
I don't always go off, either. Sometimes it's fun just to ride along with the wagons and talk to people.
况且我也不是每次都脱队,有时候跟着货车一起走,到处串串门子也挺有意思。
Sansa knew all about the sorts of people Arya liked to talk to: squires and grooms and serving girls,
艾莉亚专门结交哪些人,珊莎太清楚了:侍从、马夫与女仆,
old men and naked children, rough-spoken freeriders of uncertain birth. Arya would make friends with anybody.
老头子和不穿衣服的小孩,还有满嘴粗话,出身低贱的自由骑手。艾莉亚跟任何人都能做朋友,
This Mycah was the worst; a butcher's boy, thirteen and wild, he slept in the meat wagon and smelled of the slaughtering block.
而这米凯是最糟糕的一个:他是个屠夫的学徒,十三岁,野得很,躺在运肉的货车上,闻起来活像只待宰的猪。
Just the sight of him was enough to make Sansa feel sick, but Arya seemed to prefer his company to hers.
光瞧见他就足以令珊莎作呕,谁知艾莉亚却宁可与他为伍。
Sansa was running out of patience now. You have to come with me, she told her sister firmly. You can't refuse the queen. Septa Mordane will expect you.
珊莎觉得自己快要失去耐性。你一定要跟我去,她语气坚定地告诉妹妹,你不能拒绝王后的邀请,茉丹修女正等着你呢。
Arya ignored her. She gave a hard yank with the brush. Nymeria growled and spun away, affronted. Come back here!
艾莉亚充耳不闻,她突然猛力一刷,娜梅莉亚吃痛,低吼一声,扭头便跑。你给我回来!
There's going to be lemon cakes and tea, Sansa went on, all adult and reasonable.
等下有柠檬蛋糕和茶可吃喔,珊莎继续说,摆出一副大人说理的口吻。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.brush out 冲刷

You don't have to brush in a certain direction; just try to get any food particles out.
你不需要朝某个特定的方向刷,只要尽量把残留的食物颗粒清洁出来即可。

The only way out is to brush better.
唯一的解决方法,就是好好刷牙。

2.suppose to 认为是

I suppose to go there on my honeymoon.
我本来想去那里度蜜月。

Would you suppose to meet the people on the boat.
你认为是那些在船上的人吗?

3.ride along with 沿着

I'll ride along with you.
我会坐在你旁边。

Birds sometimes take refuge in this calm area and ride along with storm.
鸟有时在这个平静的地区避难,与暴风一起飞行。

4.make friends with 与…交友,与…交朋友

That there are always new business opportunities to find, new tests in school to make and new people to date/ make friends with.
还有其他的商业机会可寻,有新的测试可以参加,有其他人可以约会或其他的朋友去交。

And while traditionally it's been relatively easy to make friends with other freshmen, facebook has made it all too easy to make "virtual" acquaintances instead of actual, face-to-face friendships.
在过去,和其他新生交朋友并不难,但是facebook让结交“虚拟”朋友变得过于容易,而不是建立真实的、面对面的友谊。

分享到
重点单词
  • herdn. 兽群,人群,牧人 vt. 群集,使 ... 成群,
  • brushn. 刷子,画笔 n. 灌木丛 n. 小冲突,争吵 vt
  • wagonn. 四轮马车,货车 v. 用四轮马车运
  • uncertainadj. 不确定的
  • refugen. 避难(处), 庇护(所) v. 庇护,避难(所)
  • certainadj. 确定的,必然的,特定的 pron. 某几个,某
  • refusev. 拒绝 n. 垃圾,废物 adj. 无用的
  • scentn. 气味,香味,痕迹 vt. 闻出,发觉,使充满味道,
  • reasonableadj. 合理的,适度的,通情达理的
  • butchern. 屠夫,刽子手,肉商,小贩 vt. 屠宰,滥杀,将某