冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第187期:第十五章 珊莎(1)
日期:2014-05-06 16:49

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

Chapter 15 SANSA
第15章 珊莎
Eddard Stark had left before dawn, Septa Mordane informed Sansa as they broke their fast. The king sent for him.
早餐的时候,茉丹修女告诉珊莎,艾德·史塔克大人天亮前就离了营。国王找他去的,
Another hunt, I do believe. There are still wild aurochs in these lands, I am told.
我想肯定又是去外面打猎。听说这附近还有野牛出没哪。
I've never seen an aurochs, Sansa said, feeding a piece of bacon to Lady under the table. The direwolf took it from her hand, as delicate as a queen.
我从没见过野牛。珊莎喂了块培根给餐桌底下的淑女,冰原狼像王后般优雅地从她手上衔过去。
Septa Mordane sniffed in disapproval.
茉丹修女不以为然地哼了一声。
A noble lady does not feed dogs at her table, she said, breaking off another piece of comb and letting the honey drip down onto her bread.
好人家的小姐不在用餐时喂狗的。她掰开一块蜂窝,让蜜滴到面包上。
She's not a dog, she's a direwolf, Sansa pointed out as Lady licked her fingers with a rough tongue.
她才不是狗呢,她是冰原狼。珊莎纠正。淑女伸出粗糙的舌头舔了舔她的手指。
Anyway, Father said we could keep them with us if we want.
反正父亲大人说小狼可以陪我们作伴。
The septa was not appeased. You're a good girl, Sansa, but I do vow, when it comes to that creature you're as willful as your sister Arya. She scowled.
修女看来很不服气。珊莎,你是个好女孩,但只要一说到那只野东西,你就倔得跟你妹妹艾莉亚一个样。她皱起眉头,
And where is Arya this morning?
说到艾莉亚,她这会儿又跑哪儿去了?
She wasn't hungry, Sansa said, knowing full well that her sister had probably stolen down to the kitchen hours ago and wheedled a breakfast out of some cook's boy.
她肚子不饿。珊莎道。她心里很清楚,艾莉亚八成早就溜进厨房,好说歹说地跟哪个厨房小弟讨到一顿丰盛早餐了。
Do remind her to dress nicely today. The grey velvet, perhaps.
得提醒她今天穿得体面些。那件灰色的天鹅绒衣服不错。
We are all invited to ride with the queen and Princess Myrcella in the royal wheelhouse, and we must look our best.
王后和弥赛菈公主邀请我们过去一同搭乘轮宫,我们可要表现出最好的一面才行。
Sansa already looked her best. She had brushed out her long auburn hair until it shone, and picked her nicest blue silks.
珊莎的表现已经好得不能再好。她把栗色长发梳得发亮,然后穿上她最好的蓝丝绒礼服。
She had been looking forward to today for more than a week.
最近这一个多星期,她天天都在盼望今天的到来。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

妙语连珠

1.break off 脱离;停止;断交

We still break off finally.
最后我们还是分手了。

Let's break off for an hour.
让我们休息一小时。

2.point out 指出,把注意力引向…;提示

But he does point out that some of the pledges apple made have not been fulfilled.
但他指出,苹果承诺过的一些事情并没有兑现。

May we flatter ourselves to point out that bernanke should have been subscribed to hedgeye's research?
也许我们应该不谦虚地指出,伯南克应该订阅Hedgeye的研究报告了?

3.invite to 邀请...参加...

Just don't forget my invite to the wedding!
别忘了邀请我参加你的婚礼!

Who should we invite to the wedding?
我们应该邀请谁参加婚礼?

4.looking forward to 期待;盼望

I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts in the comments!
我期待着从点评中听到你自己的想法!

President bush says he is looking forward to joining them in beijing.
布什总统说,他期待和运动员们在北京会面。

分享到
重点单词
  • kitchenn. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间
  • dripn. 滴,点滴,乏味的人,水滴 v. 滴下,漏水
  • disapprovaln. 不赞成
  • informedadj. 见多识广的 v. 通告,告发 vbl. 通告,
  • flatterv. 阿谀奉承,取悦,炫耀 n. 平整工具
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • roughadj. 粗糙的,粗略的,粗暴的,艰难的,讨厌的,不适的
  • willfuladj. 任性的,故意的,有意的
  • delicaten. 精美的东西 adj. 精美的,微妙的,美味的,纤细
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想