冰与火之歌系列之《权力的游戏》第215期:第十七章 布兰(1)
日期:2014-06-16 16:38

(单词翻译:单击)

听力原文

It seemed as though he had been falling for years.
他不断下坠,仿佛经过了好多好多年。
Fly, a voice whispered in the darkness, but Bran did not know how to fly, so all he could do was fall.
快飞吧,一个声音在黑暗中低语,然而布兰不知该怎么飞,所以只好继续不断坠落。
Maester Luwin made a little boy of clay, baked him till he was hard and brittle, dressed him in Bran's clothes,
鲁温师傅曾经捏制了一个陶土娃娃,烧烤得又硬又脆,为它穿上布兰的衣服,
and flung him off a roof. Bran remembered the way he shattered. But I never fall, he said, falling.
然后从城楼上扔下去。布兰一直记得陶土娃娃摔得粉身碎骨的模样。但我绝对不会摔下去。他说,然后继续往下坠。
The ground was so far below him he could barely make it out through the grey mists that whirled around him,
虽然四周都是灰蒙蒙的雾气,看不清地面究竟有多远,
but he could feel how fast he was falling, and he knew what was waiting for him down there. Even in dreams, you could not fall forever.
但他可以感觉到自己掉落的速度有多快,也知道下面等着自己的是什么。即便在梦中,你也不可能永无止尽地这么一直掉下去。
He would wake up in the instant before he hit the ground, he knew. You always woke up in the instant before you hit the ground.
他知道,他会在落地前的一刹那醒来,人总是在落地前的一刹那醒来的。
And if you don't? the voice asked.
那要是你醒不来呢?那个声音问。
The ground was closer now, still far far away, a thousand miles away, but closer than it had been. It was cold here in the darkness.
地面变得更近,虽然依旧遥遥无期,相距千里,但总是近了些。
There was no sun, no stars, only the ground below coming up to smash him, and the grey mists, and the whispering voice. He wanted to cry.
置身半空又暗又冷,没有太阳,没有星辰,只有迎面扑来的大地和灰雾,还有这陌生的细语。他好想哭。
Not cry. Fly.
不要哭,飞。
I can't fly, Bran said. I can't, I can't.
我不会飞,布兰说,不会,不会啊…
How do you know? Have you ever tried?
你怎么知道?你试过吗?
The voice was high and thin. Bran looked around to see where it was coming from. A crow was spiraling down with him, just out of reach, following him as he fell.
那声音高亢而尖细,布兰环顾四周想找出声音的来源。他见到一只乌鸦正随着他盘旋直落,但保持在他够不到的距离外。
Help me, he said.
救救我。他说。

背景介绍:

《权力的游戏》是一部中世纪史诗奇幻题材的电视连续剧。该剧以美国作家乔治·R·R·马丁的奇幻巨作《冰与火之歌》七部曲为基础改编创作,由大卫·贝尼奥夫和丹尼尔·威斯编剧、HBO电视网推出。乔治·雷蒙德·理查德·马丁是欧美奇幻小说大师。马丁的作品主要以人物为关注点,描写细腻丰富,突破了幻想文学界固有的创作模式,多次引领阅读潮流。由于马丁的辉煌成就,他被誉为美国的托尔金和新世纪的海明威。从1989年开始,马丁淡出文学界,转而投身演艺界发展,1996年他才重返文坛而开始奇幻文学的创作,处女作便是《权力的游戏》,即为《冰与火之歌》的首部曲。《权力的游戏》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻奖和星云奖年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不记名奇幻作品投票中,《冰与火之歌》俨然已经可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者网站的访问量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.罗琳等不相上下,其受欢迎的程度可见一斑。乔治马丁被时代杂志评选为2011年影响世界的一百人之一。

语连珠

1.dress in 穿上,戴上

I remember he used to dress in a blue suit.
我记得他从前常穿一套蓝色衣服。

Dress in layers to protect yourself from frostbite and hypothermia.
多穿几层衣服保护自己不得冻疮或者保持体温。

2.wait for 等待

So the bus need not wait for the fare.
所以,公交车不必为了收费而等待。

It's okay to ask for a coach rather than wait for someone to offer you one.
除了等待公司安排,员工也可以主动要求培训。

3.wake up 醒来;活跃起来

You wake up in the morning and can't stand the thought of going to work.
早上醒来,一想到要去上班,就痛不欲生。

The worst nightmares are the ones you cannot wake up from.
最可怕的噩梦就是你无法从噩梦中醒来。

分享到
重点单词
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • faren. 路费,食物 vi. 过活,进展,进食 vi.
  • shatteredadj. 破碎的;极度疲劳的 v. 打碎;削弱;使心烦意
  • fell动词fall的过去式 n. 兽皮 vt. 砍伐,击倒 a
  • coachn. 大巴,教练;(火车)客车车厢,四轮马车,经济舱 v
  • fantasyn. 幻想 v. 幻想
  • brittleadj. 易碎的,敏感的,尖利的,冷淡的 n. 果仁薄脆
  • clayn. 粘土,泥土 n. (人的)肉体