《绝望的主妇》第398期:睁眼说瞎话吗?
日期:2016-05-14 17:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Hi. Before coming to these meetings,
你好来参加会议之前,
I never realized how messy substance abusers can be.
我还真不知道酗酒者这么邋遢呢。
We usually leave the doughnut crumbs for the Overeaters Anonymous group that meets after us. You know, just to mess with 'em."
我们一般都把甜甜圈的碎屑都留着好让大家捣鼓。
You're awful.
你可真顽皮。
So tell me, Bree. How long have you been sober?
告诉我,Bree,你不喝酒有多长时间了?
Gosh, um, I'm not exactly sure.
天啊,我还真不知道了。
Oh. Is somebody still drinking?
这么说,还在喝了?
Now why would you say that?
没有,干吗这么说?
I've never met an alcoholic yet who didn't know exactly how long it'd been since his last drink.
我还没遇到哪个要戒酒的人,不知道自己滴酒未沾有多久了。
Okay, you got me. I'm not really an alcoholic.
好吧,被你说中了,其实我不是真正的酗酒者。
You don't say.
真的啊?
It's true. I'm coming here because of my son.
真的,我来这是因为我儿子。
You see, he's, he's trying to take me to court to become an emancipated minor,
他想上法院,争取脱离父母监管,
and he's planning on lying to the judge and telling him that I am some sort of dreadful lush.
跟法官撒谎,说我是个不称职的母亲。
So I'm coming to these meetings to give the impression that I have changed.
所以,我来此的目的是,要让他们认为我已经改过自新了。
But you don't really need to change because you don't have a problem with alcohol.
但是,你并不是真的要改过,因为你根本不酗酒?
Exactly.
没错!
I'll tell you what. Here's my card and if you ever do have a problem
这是我的名片,如果你真的有酗酒问题,
or you just feel like talking, give me a call, okay?
或者你想聊天,尽管给我电话,好吗?
I know you think I'm kidding myself, but I'm not.
我知道你以为我是在开玩笑,但我不是。
I'm nothing like you people. I just don't have a compulsive personality.
我根本不是你们这一路人,我没有什么强迫症。

影视精讲

mess with: 混乱、弄糟
Don't mess with me, or you will be sorry.
别跟我捣乱,否则你会后悔的
When you mess with their food.
你糟踏了他们的食物。

sort of: 一点、一些
We don't go in for that sort of thing in the new society.
新社会不兴这一套了。
He has been doing this sort of work for years.
他干这一行有年头了。

feel like: 感觉像、好像
Sometimes I feel like I'm living with a stranger.
有时我觉得自己和一个陌生人生活在一起。
Could we take a walk? I feel like a little exercise.
我们去散散步好吗?我想活动一下。

give a call: 给…打电话
To give a call to a friend in need saying I will pray for you.
打电话给一位有需要的朋友,向对方说声:我会为你祷告。
Give a call, e-mail, or carrier pigeon and say hello if you're there.
提供一个电话,电子邮件,或信鸽和说,您好如果您有。

分享到
重点单词
  • anonymousadj. 匿名的,无名的,没特色的
  • substancen. 物质,实质,内容,重要性,财产
  • lushadj. 苍翠繁茂的,多青草的,丰富的 n. 酒,酒鬼
  • impressionn. 印象,效果
  • alcoholn. 酒精,乙醇,酒
  • soberadj. 清醒的,沉着冷静的,稳重的,颜色暗淡的 vt.
  • minoradj. 较小的,较少的,次要的 n. 未成年人,辅修科