《绝望的主妇》第98期:欢迎加入恼人的父母行列
日期:2014-03-04 20:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


"There is a look that parents of well behaved children, give to the parents of the not so
well behaved..."
乖孩子的父母看到不太乖孩子的父母时的表情。
"Porter, don’t you dare look at me like that. I will wipe that smirk right off your
face. And don’t think that I won’t..."
Porter, 你胆敢那样看着我, 小心我让你笑不出来...
"A look that says? You should learn to control your kids?"
那个表情好像是在说“你应该学会管教自己的孩子”。
"...after all, they’re your responsibility."
毕竟那是你的责任。
Of course, it was easy for Susan to feel smug with a daughter like Julie.
当然, Susan很容易自鸣得意因为有个像Julie那样的女儿。
She always brought home straight A’s."
她带回家的成绩单上都是A。
"Oh, you did it again!"
哦, 你又做到了!
She was helpful around the house.
她能帮忙做家务。
"She was bright, affectionate,and considerate of others."
她聪明, 温柔, 关心别人。
To her mother’s way of thinking, Julie was the perfect child.
在她妈妈看来, Julie是个完美的孩子。
Unfortunately, Susan was about to discover that no such creature existed.
不幸地是, Susan很快就会发现完美的事物是不存在的。
"Mom!"
妈妈!
"What is going on here? Were you just kissing my daughter?"
这是怎么回事? 你在吻我的女儿?
"I...uh...a little."
嗯, 我-- 一下下
"What are you thinking?"
你脑子里在想什么啊?
"Mom, calm down."
妈妈, 冷静一点。
"She’s only fourteen!"
她才14岁!
"Yeah, I should, I should probably be going."
嗯, 我想-- 我该走了.
"You think?"
你想?
"See you Friday."
周五见。
What is he talking about? What’s happening on Friday?
那么-- 他在说什么? 周五-- 周五是怎么回事?
He’s taking me to the school dance.
他带我去参加学校舞会。
Oh, no he’s not.
不, 不行.
"Mom, I know you saw us kissing,but you’ve got to chill now."
妈, 我知道你看到我们接吻但你现在应该冷静下来。
"Don’t tell me to chill; I have no intentions of chilling."
你别让我冷静我可不想冷静。
"Whatever. I’m taking out the trash."
随你, 我出去丢垃圾。
"You’re not going, you’re going tostay here and talk about this."
站住,待在这儿,把这事说清楚。
"I’m not going to talk to you while you’re freaking out."
我不想在你失控的时候和你谈。
"Just so we’re clear, you are not allowed to see him anymore."
那么明说了,我不许你再见他。
There is also a look that parents of not so well behaved children give to parents like Susan.
有另外一种表情,不太乖孩子的父母看到像susan那样的家长时的表情。
"It says? Welcome to the club."
那像是在说“欢迎加入我们”。

影视精讲


feel smug 沾沾自喜
I reckon she has good reason to feel smug.
我认为她洋洋得意必有其缘故。
I can't help but feel a bit smug.
我不禁感到有点飘飘然。

be considerate of 体谅
This boss can be considerate of his employees.
这位老板能体贴他的雇员。
She brought her children up to be considerate of others.
她教养孩子们对人体贴。

calm down冷静下来
But eventually they calm down and get slower.
但是最终他们会平静下来,越跑越慢。

have no intentions of 没有意图
Having said this, however, we certainly have no intention of any genocidal ambitions or mass-murdering intentions against the christian ummah in general.
话虽如此,但是,我们肯定没有任何野心或种族灭绝的大规模谋杀一般基督徒对伊斯兰民族的意图意图。

分享到
重点单词
  • affectionateadj. 情深的,充满情爱的
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • smugadj. 自以为是的,整洁的
  • portern. 搬运工,门房,(火车卧铺车厢或豪华车厢的)乘务员,
  • intentionn. 意图,意向,目的
  • smirkv. 假笑,得意地笑 n. 假笑,傻笑
  • eventuallyadv. 终于,最后