《绝望的主妇》第64期:一句话让母亲伤透了心
日期:2013-09-15 10:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


What's this about?
什么事?
You both know that your mother and I have been unhappy for quite a while.
你们都知道我和你们的妈妈,有些不愉快。
And after a lot of soul searching, we've decided it would be better if we got divorced.
深思熟虑之后,我们决定离婚会更好一些.
But whatever problems your father and I have, it doesn't change the fact that we love you very, very much.
但是不管我和你爸爸有什么问题,不会改变我们爱你们的事实。
I've got a question.
我有个问题。
Go ahead sweetheart. Ask whatever you want.
问吧,宝贝,你可以随便问。
Can I live with dad? I mean, come on, mom, let's face it. We drive each other crazy.
我能和爸爸住在一起吗?我是说,妈妈,面对现实吧,我们快把对方逼疯了。
Is, is that what you would prefer, Danielle? To live with your father?
Danielle你是不是也更愿意和你爸爸住在一起?
I don't really care, as long as I have my own bathroom.
我不介意和谁住,只要我有自己的浴室。
Um, all this, um, wine is, uh, giving me a headache.
呃,所有这一切,呃,这酒让我头很疼。


影视精讲


quite a while相当一段时间
eg You've been away quite a while.
你已经离开很长时间了。

soul searching 灵魂搜索,这里可理解为“反思,深思熟虑”
eg College is no longer a romantic place where you do some soul searching.
大学不再是一个浪漫的地方去让你反省灵魂。

it would better最好…
eg I think that will be too much for two persons. It would better to reduce the number by two dishes.
我认为那对两个来说太多了,减少两道菜比较好。

go ahead说吧,开始吧,开始做(某事)
eg But insiders still reckon the two mega-mergers will go ahead.
但是内部人士仍然相信这两起并购案会继续下去。

as long as只要
eg Music has been with us as long as we can collectively remember.
只要音乐与我们同在,我们就会有共同的记忆。


分享到
重点单词
  • romanticadj. 浪漫的 n. 浪漫的人
  • unhappyadj. 不快乐的,不高兴的