《绝望的主妇》第20期:只要不是苹果香槟就行
日期:2013-03-11 13:39

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听

REX: Its okay, I'm up.
好了,我醒了。
BREE: Good. I have a question for you.
好,我有个问题。
REX: Okay.
问吧。
BREE: Do you remember when you proposed?
你还记得你向我求婚时的情景吗?
REX: For god's sake.
看在上帝的份上……
BREE: We sat on Skyline Drive and drank a bottle of apple wine. And when we finished it, you turned to me and you said, If you marry me, Bree Mason, I promise to love you for the rest of my life. And even though I was engaged to Ty Grant, and even though my father didn't like you, I said yes.
我们驱车沿着海边喝了一瓶苹果香槟。当我们喝完的时候,你转向我,对我说“Bree Mason,如果你嫁给我,我会今生今世永远爱你”。尽管我已经和Ty Grant订婚,尽管我爸爸不喜欢你,我还是答应嫁给你。
REX: That was a long time ago.
那是很久以前的事了。
BREE: You're gonna cancel the meeting with that divorce lawyer, and we're gonna find ourselves a marriage counsellor.
你要去取消和律师的会面,然后去找一个顾问。
REX: Bree, I…
我……
BREE: You promised.
你承诺过的。
REX: Alright.
好的。
BREE: Good, I'm gonna go make myself some, uh, warm milk. Would you like something to drink?
好,我要去给自己准备一杯热牛奶。你想要点什么饮料吗?
REX: Anything but apple wine.
只要不是苹果香槟就行。
NARRATOR: Susan awoke that night alone and parched. And as she gazed out her window, she saw the tall drink of water she needed to quench her thirst.
那天晚上Susan独自醒来,饥渴万分。当她朝窗外看的时候,她看到了可以解渴的一大杯水。
JULIE: Dear Diary, Mike doesn't even know I'm alive.
“亲爱的Diary,Mike甚至不知道我还存在着”。
SUSAN: Shut up.
闭嘴。
JULIE: If you wanna date him, you're gonna have to ask him out.
如果你想和他约会,就要喊他出来。
SUSAN: I keep hoping he'll ask me out.
我一直希望他采取主动。
JULIE: How's that going?
结果呢?
SUSAN: Shouldn't you be making brownies for your nerdy friends?
你怎么还不为你的狐朋狗友们准备巧克力蛋糕?
JULIE: I can't find the measuring cup. Have you seen it?
我找不到量杯了,你有看到吗?
SUSAN: The measuring cup?
量杯?
JULIE: Yeah.
是啊。
SUSAN: Hm. Uh, well it's gotta be here somewhere. Just keep looking.
我,哦,原来一直放这的,再找找看。
CARLOS: I know you're awake.
我知道你没睡。
GABRIELLE: I know you're a jerk.
我知道你是个杂碎。
CARLOS: Dinner with Tanaka ran long, I'm sorry.
和Tanaka吃晚饭时间长了点,对不起。
GABRIELLE: You know, Carlos, I didn't marry you so I could have dinner by myself 6 nights a week. You know how bored I was today? I came this close to actually cleaning the house.
Carlos, 你知道,我嫁给你,并不是为了一周有六天都独自吃晚饭。你知道今天我有多闷?我闷到居然彻彻底底的打扫了一次房子。
CARLOS: Don't be that way. I got you a gift.
别这样,我给你买了份礼物。
GABRIELLE: Nope. No, no, no, no. you're not gonna buy your way outta this one.
不行,不行。你别指望这就把我给打发了。
CARLOS: It's a good gift.
很棒的礼物。

影片简介

Gabrielle和John的幽会被Carlos意料之外的回家打断,John光着下身跳出窗外,在树篱的掩护下做出割草的样子。闷闷不乐的Gabrielle向Carlos埋怨他们的婚姻不再有激情,Carlos允诺以后会经常为她带来惊喜。John向Gabrielle送上一朵玫瑰花,Gabrielle发觉这个还是是真地爱上了她了。

划红精讲

1. even though: 尽管

eg. Even though away from us his spirit was still with us.
尽管离开了我们,他的灵魂还是与我们同在。

2. be engaged to: 订婚

eg. We must congratulate you to be engaged to.
我们一定要庆贺你订婚。

eg. I think this work which will be engaged to me from now on, will be able to have the very big help in accountant the work particular.
我想这对我今后所从事的工作,尤其是会计工作,会有很大的帮助。

3. gaze out: 向外注视

eg. If you can't bear looking straight down past your feet, shift your gaze out or up — the walls are glass, too, as is the ceiling.
如果你恐高,无法直接向下看,那么抬起你的目光——周围的墙是玻璃的,天花板也是。

4. ask out

(1) 请去作客;邀请外出(吃饭、跳舞、看电影或看演出)

eg. He's been asked out to dinner.
有人请他外出吃饭。

(2) [美国英语]请求退休;引退;辞职,辞退

eg. The officer asked out when he was 60.
这名官员60岁时引退了。

分享到
重点单词
  • accountantn. 会计人员
  • ceilingn. 天花板,上限
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的
  • masonn. 泥瓦匠 Mason: 共济会会员
  • narratorn. 叙述者,讲解员
  • shiftn. 交换,变化,移动,接班者 v. 更替,移转,变声
  • congratulatevt. 祝贺
  • quenchv. 熄减,结束,冷浸,解渴
  • grantn. 授予物,补助金; 同意,给予 n. 财产转让 vt
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目