《绝望的主妇》 第279期:八卦的场合
日期:2015-03-18 07:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


The annual blood drive was a tradition on Wisteria Lane.
年度献血活动是紫藤街的传统。
Most residents came to help promote health and well-being.
大多数人来这里,为健康和善行贡献自己的力量。
But my friends turned up for a different reason.
但我的朋友们的参与却另有原因。
They were growing increasingly concerned that their street was infected with a dangerous kind of sickness.
她们越来越担心,她们的街区上一种危险的疾病,开始蔓延了。
And they came to consult with one another about a possible cure.
她们来这里协商,找出可行的处方。
Oh, great, she caught me staring.
这下好了,她发现我盯着她们了。
Have you guys noticed how friendly Betty‘s been since that body was found in front of her house?
你们注意到自从在她家门前发现尸体后,她表现得特别友善么?
I don’t trust friendly women.
我不信任友善的女人。
That’s okay. They don‘t trust you either.
没事儿。她们也不信任你。
I just know those two have something to do with that dead body.
我知道她们俩肯定和那个尸体有关。
Do we even know who he is?
那个人到底是谁啊?
Well the paper said the police are withholding the details.
报纸说警方已经掌握了实情。
Bree, maybe you should call in a favor from your police detective pal.
Bree 或许你应该找,你的警官朋友帮帮忙。
Have him poke around.
让他打探打探。
That‘s a great idea. You could have him do a background check on the Applewhites.
好主意。你可以让他查查Applewhite母子的底细。
I don‘t think I can do that.
我想我办不成。
Why not? You said he was nice.
为什么?你说他人挺好的不是。
Well, once he stopped suspecting me of murdering Rex, he was delightful, but I don‘t really know him.
自从他不再怀疑我谋杀Rex以后,他是满友善的,但...我跟他不怎么熟。
Well, somebody has to do something because I am losing sleep.
得有个人做点什么,我现在都睡不着觉了。
Betty! Matthew!
Betty! Matthew。
Hello, everybody. Susan, a little birdie told me you are having a birthday soon.
大家好啊。Susan一只小鸟跟我呢喃细语。说你要过生日了。
We should all go out and celebrate.
我们应该一起出去庆祝一下。
Super.
太好啦。
Sounds like a plan.
我也参加。
Count me in.
算我一个。
Bye.
再见。
See ya.
回见。

影视精讲


turn up: 到场,露面
And most of those eyes turn up on friday and saturday nights.
并且大多数这些个眼睛也只是在周五和周六晚上才出现。
I hope some of those photos turn up in campaign ads one day.
我希望有朝一日这些照片中的某些会出现在竞选广告里。

poke around: 到处寻找
I need you to poke around and see if you can get me a fake id.
我要你四处看一下,看能在哪搞到假身份证。
It's not sma to poke around in my personal biness.
你们不该来管我的私人事务。

分享到