《绝望的主妇》 第271期:翅膀硬了
日期:2015-03-08 20:42

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Okay, first of all, I want you to march back upstairs
好吧,首先,我要你回到楼上。
and tell your friend he is no longer welcome in this house.
告诉你的朋友再也不要到我们家来了
But we haven't even had breakfast yet!
但我们早饭都没吃呢!
I am serious, Andrew. You tell him to get out of here this second or I will call the police,
我是认真的,Andrew你告诉他,马上离开这里,否则我就报警。
and I will have him removed!
我还会让他走。
Well, go ahead, call 'em.
好啊,报警吧。
Oh, you think I won't?
你认为我不敢?
I just wonder how they'll react whenthey find out that you killed George Williams.
我只是在想他们发现你就是杀害George Williams的凶手时会有何反应
I didn't kill George.
我没杀George。
Well, no, but you sat there and let him die, which, I'm no lawyer,
是啊,但是你坐在那里看他死去而不管,我不是律师,
but I'm pretty sure there's a crime in there somewhere.
但我确信这种行为多少有些犯罪的成分。
Andrew...
Andrew…
Don't get me wrong. I mean, I'm glad you did it.
别误会,你那么做我很高兴。
But when the cops get here, my official position will be, uh,
但警察来了的话,我的立场会是,噢…
oh, my god, I'm being raised by a homicidal maniac.
啊 天哪 我被一个杀人狂抚养着
I think I might even throw in a few tears.
我可能还会流几滴眼泪的。
You would actually let the police arrest your own mother?
你真的会让警察逮捕你的妈妈?
Hey, we all got to cut the apron strings at some point.
嗨,我们彼此彼此啊。

影视精讲


get wrong: 冤枉、误会
I wouldn't like to get on the wrong side of him.
我不想激怒他。
Don't get me wrong, it's interesting work. But it's not permanent.
别误会我的意思,这个工作很有意思,可惜不是长期性的。

cut the apron strings【切断围裙带,理解为脱离控制】
As the Boy grew older, his mother began to cut the apron strings.
当男孩稍长, 他母亲开始让他独立.
But other development groups are less willing to cut the apron strings.
但是其他的发展集团不愿意放手。


分享到
重点单词
  • permanentadj. 永久的,持久的 n. 烫发
  • stringsn. (乐器的)弦 名词string的复数形式
  • maniacn. 疯子,热衷者 adj. 疯狂的 =maniacal
  • willingadj. 愿意的,心甘情愿的
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻
  • arrestvt. 逮捕,拘留 n. 逮捕,拘留 vt. 阻止