《绝望的主妇》第293期:迟来的道歉
日期:2015-04-06 16:04

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Hi, it's Detective Barton. Look I feel awful about what happened the other day.
我是Barton警探,听我说,我为那天发生的事道歉。
I was a jerk, so to make it up to you, I did some sniffing around about the dead man they found in front of your neighbor's house.
我是个混蛋,为了补偿你,我查了一下,在你邻居家门前发现那死者的底细。
I got some information. His name was Curtis Monroe.
我得到一些资料他叫Curt Monroe。
A private detective who lost his license a couple years ago. He's apparently from Chicago.
一位几年前就被吊销执照的私家侦探。显然他来自芝加哥。
Now, I don't if any of this is helpful but...
我不知道这会不会有帮助但
...couple of years ago. He's apparently from Chicago.
几年前,显然他来自芝加哥。
Now, I don‘t know if any of this is helpful, but I just feel terrible about what happened.
我不知道这会不会有帮助,但....我的确为那天的事难过。

影视精讲


make up to 补偿
Nothing can make up for what they have suffered.
什么也不能补偿他们所受的痛苦。
I was a jerk, so to make it up to you, I did some sniffing around about the dead man they found in front of your neighbor's house.
我是个混蛋,为了补偿你,我查了一下,在你邻居家门前发现那死者的底细。

feel terrible about 感觉很糟糕
Of course he will feel terrible guilt about all of this.
他当然会对所有这些感到非常内疚。
I'm afraid I still feel terrible.
我恐怕我还是感觉很糟糕。


分享到