《绝望的主妇》第346期:当父母也要面试
日期:2015-08-27 07:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

So how does this work?
要做些什么?
Do we flip through a catalog or something.
有目录什么的给我们看看吗?
I wish it was that easy.
我也希望能那么简单。
You have to understand, for every baby there are ten couples who want I
请你们理解,对于一个孩子来说平均有十对家长想要领养。
You don't choose your child.
所以不是你选孩子。
The birth mother chooses you.
而是孩子的生母挑选你们。
Really.
是嘛。
So what do you think our chances are?
那你觉得我们的机会有多大?
We will do anything that we need to do.
要我们做什么都可以。
Well, your typical birth mother is usually a young girl.
孩子的生母通常都是年轻女性。
and she'll just wanna make sure you're quality people.
她想把孩子托付给可以信赖的家庭。
Now to show her that you'll be putting together a parent portfolio.
为了赢取她的信任就必须表现出你们会尽到家长的职责。
What's that?
什么意思?
Family pictures, character references that kind of stuff.
像全家福,性格魅力...诸如此类。
So, um, we're auditioning to be parents?
也就是要面试我们咯?
I guess you could say that.
可以这么说。
So just to be clear,
那么简单地说,
some slutty cheer leader gets knocked up bythe soccer coach behind the local Gas 'N’ Gulp,
就因为某个淫荡的啦啦队长被足球教练搞大了肚子
and she is going to make sure we're quality people.
她就有资格跑来面试我们?
You don't need to answer that.
这个问题不用回答了。

影视精讲

flip through:【口语】浏览,草草翻阅
I had a browse through the books on her shelf.
我浏览了一下她书架上的书。
I browsed through some magazines while I waited.
我边等边浏览几本杂志。

knock up:【美国俚语】使怀孕
They said it was Pitt who knocked her up.
人们说是庇特使她怀孕的。
The teenaged girl got knocked up by her neighbor.
那个十几岁的女孩被邻居弄怀孕了。

分享到