《绝望的主妇》第103期:循规蹈矩的人生真让人遗憾
日期:2014-03-09 20:10

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


"Hi, what are you doing here?"
嗨. 你在这儿干嘛?
"Where is it?"
它在哪儿?
"What?"
什么?
"The ring, Gabrielle. My grandmother’s ring!"
戒指, Gabrielle,我祖母的戒指。
"John caught me off guard. Obviously I’m going to give back the ring."
John出其不意地向我提起。当然, 我会归还戒指。
"Well you better, because make no mistake, if you try to ruin my son’s life, I will ruin yours!"
你最好是。因为我可以向你保证,如果你想要毁掉我儿子的生活,我会毁了你的。
"Helen, okay, go to the car! Comeon, please, just, please..."
Helen, 好了, 回车上去!来吧, 拜托
"Obviously, I’m not leaving myhusband and marrying John."
很明显, 我不会离开我丈夫和John结婚
"Well, I think that’s wise."
我想那是明智的。
"I’ll talk to John tomorrow and give back the ring."
我明天会和John谈谈并且归还戒指。
"Okay, good, good. We appreciate everything you’ve done."
很好, 很好!嗯, 我们很感激你所做的一切。
"Hey, Bob! I get why she’s so angry with me, but, what I don’t get is, why you’re so nice."
嗨, Bob,我明白她为什么那么气我,但我不明白为什么你对我这么好。
"Well, John’s a big boy. Whatever happened between the two of you is his mistake as much as yours."
John是个大男孩。不管你们之间发生什么,他一样有错。
"I guess. I understand if, uh, you hate me just a little."
我想是的。我能理解, 嗯, 如果你有那么一点点恨我。
"When I was a kid, I always played by the rules. I never cheated on a test, never even missed a curfew.
当我还是个孩子,我总是循规蹈矩,我考试从没作弊,甚至没有一次违背宵禁。
But I can’t help but think how wonderful it would have been to have made at least one mistake like you."
但我忍不住会想...如果能犯一次像你这样的错误。
"That’s sweet, you’re, you're very sweet."
那该多好啊!那真是中听. 你-- 你人真好。
"Hmmm...I’m a little sweet. Mostly I’m just middle-aged."
嗯…我只是有一点点好,基本上我只是个中年人。

影视精讲


appreciate: 感激
I'd appreciate some feedback on my work.
如果有人对我的工作提出意见我将感激不尽。

give back 归还,恢复
When can you give back the money that you owe?
你欠的钱什么时候还?
They decided to give it back to its owner.
他们决定把它归还原主。

make no mistake 别搞错;别弄错了
Now make no mistake!
别弄错我的意思!
But make no mistake: This cannot solely be America's endeavor.
但必须指出的是,这不仅仅是美国的事务。

at least无论如何,反正
We need at least 24 hours' notice of cancellation.
如欲取消,请至少提前24小时告知。

分享到
重点单词
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • appreciatevt. 欣赏,感激,赏识 vt. 领会,充分意识 vi.