听《绝望主妇8》学英语第45期:不是吃晚餐那么简单
日期:2012-01-12 17:03

(单词翻译:单击)

台词欣赏


Stop calling it "dating."
别再管这个叫"约会"了

It's dinner with a friend.
只是和朋友共进晚餐

Do not do that. Do not do the snort.
别那样,别抽鼻子了

Could you make her stop snorting?
你能让她别抽鼻子了吗?

Lynette, I find it more effective when we use words rather than inflammatory noises.
Lynette 我认为我们用语言交谈比刺激性噪音更有效

You want words? Here are some words:Liar, liar, pants on fire.
你想听语言? 给你听着:骗子,骗子,裤子着火

Lobster for two at Chez Nous is not "dinner with a friend."
在Chez Nous吃龙虾可不是"和朋友共进晚餐"

A $300 night at Sakura is not strapping on a feedbag with a buddy.
在Sakura花300块吃顿晚饭与跟朋友共进晚餐可不一样

I still do our credit card bills, genius.
天才,我可还照看着信用卡账单呢

All right, enough words.
行了,别说了

Hey, it's not like I went looking for this.
嘿,我可不是为了这样而来的

Jane lives in the building. We got to talking.
Jane是邻居,我们要一起

You know what? She was actually nice to me...
知道吗? 她对我很温柔...

Something I'm not used to.
这可是我不习惯的

Oh, I can't snort, but a drive-by like that's okay?
哦 ,我抽不动鼻子了,可是这样讽刺我就可以?

All right, emotions are running a little hot,
够了,情绪太过激动了
知识点讲解

1.snort vi. 喷着气弄响鼻子, 轻蔑地哼
He snorted out a reply.
他气呼呼地回答。

2.rather than 替代...
Rather than risk breaking up his marriage he told his wife everything.
他惟恐婚姻破裂,把一切都告诉了妻子。

3.strap vt. (用皮带)捆扎
All the luggage has been strapped up.
所有行李都已捆扎好。

4.be nice to sb. 对某人很好
My roommate is nice to me.
室友对我很好。

5.be used to 习惯
I'm not used to the cold weather.
我还不习惯寒冷的天气。

分享到
重点单词
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c
  • effectiveadj. 有效的,有影响的
  • luggagen. 行李
  • geniusn. 天才,天赋
  • liarn. 说谎者
  • lobstern. 龙虾