《绝望的主妇》第189期:放长线钓大鱼?
日期:2014-09-20 19:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


And when it came to the more challenging cases…
而当有更富挑战性的案子时。
He knew it was to his advantage to raise the first objection.
他知道一开始就拒绝绝对是优势。
I’m not gonna take your case.
我不接受你的案子。
What?
什么?
Yes?
什么事?
Sorry to interrupt, Mr. Bradley.
抱歉打扰Bradley先生。
Your dinner just cancelled. Did you want me to pull your reservation?
你的晚餐取消了,需要我放弃预约么?
No, I still have to eat!
不,我还是要吃饭的。
I’m sorry. Where were we?
对不起?说到哪里了?
You were about to turn me down,
你刚正打算回绝我。
then you reconsidered once you realized I was gonna throw a ton of money at you. Which I am.
然后你想到我会给你砸大笔的钱,我也是这么打算的。
Ah. It’s not about the money for me anymore, Mrs. Solis.
啊,对我来说不是钱的问题,Solis太太。
The fact is if I don’t feelpassionately about a client,
实际上如果我对一个客户没有热情,
if I don’t feel that fire in my belly,
如果我的胸中没感到火一般灼烧,
I don’t bring my A game to court.
我没法在法庭上有一等表现。
And from what I've read, it will take my A game to save your husband.
我需要有一等表现才能救你丈夫。
Is this about the gay bashing thing? He’s innocent.
是关于他殴打同志的事么?他是清白的。
He went berserk and attacked a man in court.
他法庭上暴怒袭击了别人。
Yeah, but that was a jealously thing.
是啊?那是因为嫉妒。
The man that my husband was trying to kill incourt is not the least bit gay. Trust me.
我丈夫在庭上企图宰了的人一丁点的同志倾向都没有,相信我吧。
Your file also says you're seeking conjugal visits.
你的资料上说你在申请配偶访问。
Trying to keep the old marriage alive, huh?
想要让婚姻死灰复燃是吧?
Why does everybody have a problem with me having sex with my husband?
我要和丈夫做爱怎么每个人都有意见?
Can I be frank?
我能说实话吗?
Only if it ends with me getting what I want.
只要你能让我得到我想要的。
Your marriage is doomed.
你的婚姻完蛋了。
Excuse me?
你说什么?
I’ve been doing this for a long time, Mrs. Solis.
我做这行已经很久了,Solis太太。
I know what incarceration can do to a relationship.
我知道牢狱会怎样影响婚姻。
Marriage is hard enough, but when you throw in cement walls and armed guards, iron bars,
婚姻本就不容易。当你被扔进水泥墙内,狱警前, 铁栏后,
it tends to go downhill rather quickly.Conjugal visits, not withstanding.
婚姻状况就会急转直下,配偶访问帮不上忙。
But, I-
但我...
Listen. You want my advice? Walk away.
听我说想听我的意见吗?走人吧。
You’re young. You made a mistake. Learn from it. Maybe next time you’ll marry smarter.
你还年轻,你犯了错,吸取教训。也许下次你选丈夫就更明智些。
If you’ll excuse me, I have dinner reservations.
不要意思,我有几个晚餐预约。
Reservation!
只有一个!
You’re eating alone, remember?
你一个人吃饭,记得么?
And I have a feeling it’s not the first time!
我猜想这也不是你第一次一个人吃了。

影视精讲


challenging: 有挑战性的
Many enjoy the mental stimulation of a challenging job.
很多人喜欢富有挑战性的工作所带来的强烈的精神刺激。

be about to: 即将
He knew roughly what was about to be said.
他大概知道要说些什么。

turn down: 拒绝
There's no reason whatsoever to turn down this suggestion.
没有任何理由拒绝这个建议.
Before this I'd have smiled and turned her down...
在这之前,我本该笑着拒绝她。

walk away: 走开
He turned with a little nod and I watched him walk away.
他边点了点头边转过身,我看着他走了。
The dancers began to walk away from the floor.
跳舞的人们开始离开舞池。

分享到
重点单词
  • frankadj. 坦白的,直率的,真诚的 vt. 免费邮寄,使自
  • advantagen. 优势,有利条件 vt. 有利于
  • innocentadj. 清白的,无辜的,无害的,天真纯洁的,无知的
  • mentaladj. 精神的,脑力的,精神错乱的 n. 精神病患者
  • objectionn. 反对,异议
  • challengingadj. 大胆的(复杂的,有前途的,挑战的) n. 复杂
  • cementn. 水泥,纽带,接合剂,牙骨质,补牙物,基石 vt.
  • stimulationn. 刺激,激励,鼓舞
  • reservationn. 预定,保留意见
  • interruptv. 打断,打扰,中止,中断 n. [计算机]中断