《绝望的主妇》第349期:肉卷引发的家庭争论
日期:2015-09-02 14:17

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

So, honey, the meat loaf…it's, um, it's a little burnt.
哦,甜心,这个肉馅糕…它有点烧糊了。
Oh, right, I was talking to Susan on the phone and I left it in a little longer than I should've. Sorry.
噢,当时我正和Susan讲电话,我把它放锅里时间长些了,对不起;
It's okay.
没事。
Is it that bad?
有那么糟吗?
No. No, not bad at all.
不,不,一点都不。
Oh, good .Parker, don't put your elbows on the table. Come on.
恩,好,Parker别把你的胳膊放在桌上,快点。
But you'd agree it wasn't your best effort.
不过你答应你不会全力放在工作上的。
Huh?
什么?
The meal, the task you agreed to take on.
做饭 你答应负责的任务。
You'd agree that you didn't give it 100%, right?
你答应不会全心放在上面,对吧?
Tom, if you're gonna make a point,
Tom如果你想说什么,
why don't you do it now before I hurl the plate at you.
最好现在就在说出来 别等我拿盘扔你。
Nobody gives 100% of his effortall the time because they can't.
没人能一直全心投入,因为他们不可能做不到。
It is impossible.
那是不可能的。
You do the best you can with the time and energy you have.
在你时间和精力有限的情况下只需做到最好。
Stop right there. This is meat loaf.
别说了,这只是肉馅糕。
Your presentation was business.
你说的是生意。
You're saying the client deserves more effort than your own family?
你是说客户比你自己的家人还值得你放更多精力?
Okay. So if I apologize for upsetting you at work, can we get past it and enjoy our meal?
好,如果我为工作时让你难堪了而向你道歉的话。我们能不说这个了,继续吃饭吗?
Absolutely.
当然。
I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I am sorry
对不起 对不起 对不起
Thanks
谢谢
So, boys, how do you enjoy the meat loaf?
孩子们,肉馅糕怎么样?
It's a little salty.
有点咸。
Yeah.
嗯。
Just eat it.
吃吧。

影视精讲

take on: 承担
Becoming a man means you're ready to take on certain responsibilities.
成为一个男人意味着你愿意承担某些的责任。
I'm surprised you're so willing to take on this mission.
我很惊讶你仍然愿意进行这个任务.

all the time: 一直
You cheat me all the time?
你一直都在欺骗我?
I hear your voice all the time.
我总是能听见你的声音.

分享到