《绝望的主妇》第371期:借酒浇愁愁更愁
日期:2015-11-01 08:51

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Would you like dessert or another glass of wine?
你要甜点,还是再来一杯酒?
Oh, no, thank you. I have to run. Just the, uh, check.
不,谢谢,我要走了。买单吧。
I have a charity event this weekend and I have to find a cocktail dress before the store closes.
我周末有一个慈善活动,我要在商店关门前去买一件晚礼服。
But everything was just yummy.
东西都很好吃。
Looks good on your ass.
你穿着效果不错。
Thank you.
谢谢。
Oh, hey, Mrs. Van de Kamp.
你好,Van de Kamp太太。
What do you think you're doing? You're supposed to be grounded.
你在干什么?你应该在家里闭门思过。
I'm, uh, buying a belt.
我在买裤带。
With what? You don't have any money.
拿什么买?你一分钱都没有。
You took that out of my purse.
你竟然从我钱包里拿。
Give that back.
还回来。
We are going home. Wait till I tell the judge about you stealing my credit cards
立刻回家,等我告诉法官你偷了我信用卡,
and sneaking off. It's going to do wonders for your little emancipation case.
并偷偷溜出来,看你还怎么脱离父母监护?
I don't think you're going tolet this get to the court.
你不会闹到法庭的。
Oh, and why is that?
为什么?
Because then I'd be forced totestify about my childhood.
因为那样的话,我就不得不诉说一下我童年的遭遇了。
So? You had one of the loveliest childhoods I've ever known.
那又怎么样?要知道你的童年日子可幸福了!
You sure about that? 'Cause I'm starting to remember some abuse.
你肯定?我怎么记得我受过虐待啊?
Andrew, the judge is not seriouslygoing to believe that I beat you.
Andrew,法官不会真的相信我打过你。
Oh, I'm not talking about that kind of abuse. You know, it's funny.
哦,我说的不是这种虐待,你知道嘛。
The angrier I get, the more these repressed memories start to come up.
我越生气,这些记忆就越发涌现。
You can't be serious.
你开玩笑。
Like, touching me in places you shouldn't have...
比方说,碰我你不该碰的地方…
No one is ever going to believe a word of that.
没有人会相信这样的话。
Yeah, well, you know how people are.
你知道人们会怎么想。
They might say that they believe you, but they'll always wonder.
他们可能说他们相信你,但是,他们总是会怀疑。
So if I were you, I'd back the hell off.
所以,如果我是你的话,我就会老实点。
Come on, Justin. I'm going to buyyou something pretty. Justin!
来吧,Justin,我给你买点好东西Justin!
On second thought, I will have another glass of wine. You can leave the bottle.
我又想了想,还是再给我来杯酒吧,你可以把瓶子留下。

影视精讲

sneak off: 潜出、潜逃
The cat ate the food and sneaked off.
猫吃完食物就偷偷跑了。
He slipped out while I was telling Mrs. Banting off.
我在教训班丁太太的时候他溜出去了。

be forced to: 被迫、不得不
It used to be considered a great shame of a family to be forced to go on the parish.
一个家庭不得不领取教区救济金,在过去被认为是一种耻辱。
The building society will be forced to foreclose on this mortgage because regular payments have not been made.
住宅互助协会被迫取消这项抵押的赎取权,因为没有交纳定期的付款。

on second thought: 经过重新考虑、再仔细考虑
I said I wouldn't do it, but on second thought I think I will.
我说我不会做此事,但再细想一下我想我是会做的。
He have intended to go, but on second thought, he give up the idea.
他本来想去,但进一步考虑後,打消了这个念头。

分享到
重点单词
  • checkn. 检查,支票,账单,制止,阻止物,检验标准,方格图案
  • mortgagen. 按揭,抵押贷款 vt. 抵押
  • charityn. 慈善,慈善机关(团体), 仁慈,宽厚
  • intendedadj. 故意的,有意的;打算中的 n. 已订婚者 v.
  • groundedadj. [物]接地的;有基础的 v. 停(ground
  • abusen. 滥用,恶习 vt. 滥用,辱骂,虐待
  • beatv. 打败,战胜,打,敲打,跳动 n. 敲打,拍子,心跳
  • repressedadj. 被抑制的;被压抑的 v. 抑制;镇压;约束(r
  • creditn. 信用,荣誉,贷款,学分,赞扬,赊欠,贷方 (复)c