《绝望的主妇》第392期:有一种牺牲叫母亲
日期:2016-03-14 16:30

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

She so adorable and I just love the name Lily.
她太可爱了,我喜欢Lily这个名字。
It was my grandmother name.
我祖母的名字。
So how you holding up? You must be exhausted.
你怎么撑过来的?一定累坏了。
You know, I a little tired, but it not too bad.
有些累,但并不太糟。
Oh wait a couple months; she’ll start sleeping through the night.
几个月后,她就可以睡好觉了。
No, honey, please, do I look like a masochist? First thing tomorrow, I am hiring a nanny and a night nurse.
拜托,我像受虐狂么?明天的第一件事,就是雇保姆和夜间看护。
No, we’re not.
不,我们不雇。
My husband’s the comedian.
我丈夫是个喜剧演员。
I’m serious. I don’t want some stranger raising our baby.
我是认真的。我不想让陌生人抚养孩子.
Well, you guys are busy, we should go.
你们很忙,我们该走了。
No, it’s okay. I’ll win this battle later.
没关系,以后翻盘.
We are not going to be some yuppie couple pawning off our kid on other people. End of discussion.
我们不会像雅皮士把孩子当给别人。讨论结束。
Yeah, you should go.
是啊,你们该走了。
Okay, bye.
OK,再见。
Good luck.
好运。
Put down the burrito. What is all this crap about me not getting help?
放下煎饼。为什么不让我找帮手?
Look, a brand new baby needs to bond with its mother. The church knows it, science knows it, nature knows it.
新生儿要和母亲接触。教堂知道,科学家知道,自然界也知道。
We have the money, what is wrong with getting a little help?
我们有钱,找一点帮助有什么不对呢?
Then I’ll be able to relax once in a while and I’ll be able to be a better mother.
我就可以休息一下,成为更好的母亲。
You want to be a better mother? Do what my mama did, make sacrifices. My mama worked her fingers to the bone for me.
你想成为更好的母亲?像我妈妈一样做出牺牲。我妈妈为我拼死拼活。
That what put her in an early grave.Well, that and the hit and run thing.
因此她才短命。实际上是她被撞的。

影视精讲

brand new: 崭新的
His waterproof trousers were brand new and stiff.
他那条防水裤崭新笔挺。
There's always a brand new day for you!
崭新的一天总为你而设!

to the bone: 彻骨的
What I saw chilled me to the bone.
我看到的景象令我不寒而栗。
Let's try to make the best use of our resources and cut the production costs to the bone.
我们要充分利用资源,最大限度地降低产品成本。

分享到
重点单词
  • graven. 坟墓,墓穴 adj. 严肃的,严重的,庄重的
  • waterproofadj. 防水的,耐水的 n. 防水材料 (英)雨衣 v
  • brandn. 商标,牌子,烙印,标记 vt. 打烙印,铭刻,加污
  • trousersn. 裤子
  • stiffadj. 硬的,僵直的,生硬的,拘谨的,不灵活的 adv
  • bondn. 债券,结合,粘结剂,粘合剂 vt. 使结合,为 .
  • lilyadj. 纯白的 n. 百合花