《绝望的主妇》 第242期:纸牌上的家常
日期:2014-12-29 09:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


All right, this is my last hand, and then I gotta go.
好吧,最后一把,然后我就得走了。
Already?
这么早?
I left a proposal on my desk at work
我桌上还有一份计划书要看。
I have to go over it tonight, or you-know-who is gonna have my head
我必须今天晚上把它看完,否则你知道谁会把我的头给砍下来的?
Nina.
Nina.
You know, this gainful employment thing is really starting to cut into our social life.
你有没有觉得这个所谓收入不错的工作开始干扰我们的社交生活了。
Well, if one of you would just greet to raise my kids,
哼,如果你们中的一位能答应抚养我的孩子,
I wouldn't need a job. Any takers?
我根本不需要去工作.谁要牌?
No, I didn't think so. Ante up.
不,我不要。加注。
Speaking of child abandonment, when are you gonna tell your father thathe has a bouncing, middle-aged baby girl?
既然说起孩子的事情, 什么时候你准备告诉你父亲他有个活泼的,年到中年的女儿?
Soon. I don't wanna ambush him. I'm gonna ease into it
快了. 我不想吓坏他,我准备慢慢的告诉他。
How do you ease into, "Hi. I'm your illegitimate daughter"?
怎么慢慢的说"你好 我是你的私生女"?
Well, actually, there's a "Help Wanted" sign in the window, so I was thinking about getting a job there.
嗯,事实上,有一个“招工”的牌子贴在窗子上,所以我准备去那里找个工作干。
And you know, he would get to know me and I'm sure he would like me and I would like him, and…
这样的话,他就能够认识我,而且,我肯定他会喜欢我,我也会喜欢他, 然后...
then one day, he'd say, "you're like the daughter I never had,"
有一天,他会说,你就像个我从未能拥有的女儿一样,
and I'd say "well, actually, now that you mention it..."
这是我会说,嗯,事实上,既然你提到了...
Okay, I’ll go first.That is the most idiotic plan I've ever heard of .
好吧,我先说. 这是我迄今为止听到的最愚蠢的计划.
Why?
为什么?
Because it all hinges on him responding to your personality
因为这完全取决于他对你这个人的看法。
And let's face it, you are an acquired taste
而实事求是的来说,你并不是那种人见人爱的类型。
Edie, I am sure Susan's father will like her just fine
Edie,我肯定Susan的父亲会喜欢她的.
Thank you
谢谢你.
I just hope you don't expect too much from this relationship
我只是希望你不要对这种关系期望太高.
I mean, aside from D.N.A., You might find that you don't have that much in common
我的意思是,除了D.N.A.,你可能会发现你们并无太多相似之处.
I know. But I gotta find out if there's something there.
我懂,但是我确实想看看
I've always wanted a dad. I mean,I know not having one affected me.
我一直都希望自己有个父亲,我是说,并不说来让他影响我。
Well, of course it did.
他绝对会的.
Everyone needs a strong male role model.
每个人都需要有个强有力的男性偶像.
No, they don't.
不是的,不需要.
I grew up without a father, and it didn't affect me one bit
我从来就没有父亲,而且对我从来就没有影响.
Edie, how old were you when you lost your virginity?
Edie,你几岁失去处女之身的?
Point well taken
完全了解了。

影视精讲


cut into: 打断
In a bid to cut into iphone 4 buying, motorola announced that a new version of its popular droid phone, based on google's android operating system, will ship in july.
为了打断人们购买iphone4,摩托罗拉(motorola)宣布新款droid手机将于7月发货。
Confidence has remained low as people worry about their jobs. That has cut into spending, which is the primary driver of the nation's economy.
消费者信心指数依然低迷,是由于人们担忧自身的就业形势,进而削减个人支出,而消费支出正是国家经济的主要动力。

ante up: 预下(或先下)赌注
How much did they each ante up?
他们每人先下了多少钱作赌注?
To take part in a card game such as poker, my friend would have to ante up.
为了参加纸牌游戏,比如扑克,他必须要预付赌金。

hinge on: 取决于
Successful preparation would appear to hinge on a participant's self-awareness.
成功的准备工作似乎取决于学员的自我意识。
But elections hinge on shorter-term concerns.
但选举却取决于短期关切。


分享到