《绝望的主妇》第347期:真是个烂醉的老太婆?
日期:2015-08-29 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

You know, you don't have to hide it from me.
不用左藏右躲的。
Drinking. It doesn't bother me.
我是指酒,我不反对。
Oh, I wasn't hiding anything.
哦,我这不是藏着。
I was simply... enjoying the day.
我只是在...享受时光。
What you want?
什么事?
Well, um, Mason was my ride to school.
我一直坐Mason的车去上学。
And his dad's moving them to Tucson so...
不过他跟着他爸搬到了Tucson,所以...
Oh, well, if you need a ride to school, I'm happy to drive you.
如果你要去学校,我可以送你。
No, that's not what I want. I want a car.
我不是这个意思,我想要辆车。
Well, then I suggest you get a job.
那我建议你去工作。
Why should I go work my ass off at some fast food place when I can already afford what I want?
既然我的钱已经够了,为什么还要到快餐店拼死拼活?
Andrew, we're not touching your trust fund.
Andrew,你的信托基金不能动啊
It's my money.
这是我的钱
Not until you're 21.
21岁以前不是。
And if I had my way, you wouldn't getyour hands on it until you're 50.
如果要我决定,你50岁以前我都不会让你动用一分钱。
I mean, we both know you're gonna waste every penny of it.
我们都清楚钱到了你手上肯定都浪费了。
Why are you being like this?
你为什么要这样?
Because, sweetheart it is my job to teach you about responsibility setting goals, delayed gratification
因为...亲爱的...我有责任让你学会履行职责学会确立人生目标,学会先劳后享
What do you know about delayed gratification?
你知道什么叫先劳后享?
It's not even noon, yet you're already on your third glass of wine.
还不到中午,你已经喝了3杯了。
You know, on second thought, I won't be driving you to school.
仔细想想,我还是不送你去上学了。
The walk will do you good.
走一走对你有好处。
Mom, I'm not kidding around. I want my money.
妈,我没开玩笑,我要钱。
The answer is no.
我的回答是‘不’。
Well, aren't we a mean old drunk?
还真是个烂醉的老太婆?
Whatever that was supposed to teach me, consider the lesson learned.
不管你这是要教我什么就当我学会了。

影视精讲

work my ass off :【拼命工作break(或 bust)one's (sweet) ass: 拼命干】
I was working my ass off when my boss kicked back in the pub.
我玩命地工作的时候我老板竟然在酒馆里悠哉游哉。

on second thought: 仔细想想
I said I wouldn't do it, but on second thought I think I will.
我说我不会做此事,但再细想一下我想我是会做的。
He have intended to go, but on second thought, he give up the idea.
他本来想去,但进一步考虑後,打消了这个念头。

分享到