《绝望的主妇》第105期:面包远比爱情更重要?
日期:2014-03-13 17:08

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


"The next morning, Gabrielle returned the engagement ring to her former lover, a gesture that was met with..."
第二天上午Gabrielle把订婚戒指归还给她的前情人而这一表示引来了...
"... measured enthusiasm."
适度的热情
"Please, calm down!"
拜托, 冷静下来!
"It just doesn’t make any sense. Okay, you love me, I know you love me!"
那根本不可能, 对吧? 你爱我, 我知道你爱我。
"Love is not enough. Where would we live, here with your roommates? The only decoration in the bathroom is a bong!"
光有爱是不够的。我们住哪儿--这儿, 和你的室友们吗?卫生间里唯一的装饰是一个水烟枪。
"We could get our own place!"
我们可以找到自己的地方。
"How? You’re barely making minimum wage!"
怎么找? 你只是在赚最低的工资
"Okay, sure. We’d be poor at first, but we’d be happy."
好吧, 我们一开始会穷一些,但我们会很开心。
"I’ve tried poor but happy. Guess what. It wasn’t that happy."
我已经试过穷但是很开心的生活。结果你猜呢-- 那并不开心。
"Mr. Solis is going to jail. You want to stick around for that?"
Solis先生将要坐牢,你想为了那个而坚持吗?
"I don’t know. You know, every once ina while, even I want to do the right thing."
我不知道。时不时地,即使是我, 也想做正确的事。
"Mrs. Solis, I love you so much! Doesn’t that mean anything to you?"
Solis夫人我非常爱你。我是说, 那对你一点意义都没有吗?
"Honestly, no. John, you’re a toy. A sweet, dumb toy, so you might as well go to college, because you and me, no future!"
说实话, 没有!John, 你是个玩具--一个甜蜜但又笨笨的玩具,所以你最好去读大学,因为你和我-- 是没有未来的。

影视精讲


enthusiasm 热情;热心;热衷的事物
Do not curb your enthusiasm.
不要压抑你的热情。
His refusal iced our enthusiasm.
他的拒绝浇熄了我们的热情。

calm down (使)平静; (使)安静
Just calm down a bit!
你先静一静!
Calm down there's no need to get into a lather about it!
冷静些--没有必要为这件事动肝火!

stick around 在附近徘徊(停留)
A young man is sticking around waiting for the daughter of our neighbor.
一个年轻人正在附近逗留,等待我们邻居的女儿。
Stick around for a while-the boss will soon come back.
就留在这里别走,老板很快就会回来的。

分享到
重点单词
  • enthusiasmn. 热情,热心;热衷的事物
  • engagementn. 婚约,订婚,约会,约定,交战,雇用,(机器零件等)
  • gesturen. 手势,姿态 v. 作手势表达
  • decorationn. 装饰,装饰品
  • curbn. 抑制,勒马绳,边石,路缘 vt. 抑制,束缚,牵(
  • measuredadj. 量过的,慎重的,基于标准的,有韵律的 动词me
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱