《绝望的主妇》 第267期:真的是"无事生非"吗?
日期:2015-03-02 08:54

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


It says that you can do a report on anything from the suggested reading list,
上面说你可以任选一本指定书目写报告,
which includes The Old Man and The Sea, The Pearl, Much Ado About Nothing.
包括《老人与海》《珍珠》《无事生非》。
Hmm. That sounds good. What do you like?
听起来不错,你喜欢哪个
I don't care.
我无所谓。
Let's start with The Pearl. It's got a sad ending, but it's good.
从《珍珠》开始吧,结局有点悲伤,但是本好书。
We'll start with that. You know, it's not going to be so bad.
我们从那开始,你知道也没有那么糟糕。
I think you’re really going like being home schooled.
就像在家里上学一样。
Okay, I know this isn't what you want. But I need to keep you close to me just for a while.
我知道这你不乐意,但我必须把你看好,暂时而已。
There are people in this neighborhood who aren't thrilled that we're back. People I don't trust.
这周围有些人不太乐意我们回来,我不信任的人。
People like Mike Delfino?
就像Delfino?
Why would you say that?
你这话什么意思?
When you disappeared, Mrs. Tilman said that Mike took you somewhere to kill you.
你失踪那段时间,Tillman夫人说是Mike把你抓走,并要杀了你。
That's ridiculous. Why would Mike want to kill me?
真荒唐,Mike为什么要杀了我?
Because you murdered Mrs. Huber?
因为你杀死了Huber夫人?
What did you say?
你说什么?
Well, Mrs. Tilman said that you murdered Mrs. Huber because she was blackmailing mom.
Tillman说你杀了Huber夫人,是因为她当初在勒索妈。
And you believed her?
你相信她?
No, not exactly. I mean, why? Should I?
不确定,为什么?我该不该?
Zach, you know me better than anyone.
Zach,你了解我,比谁都了解。
Do you honestly believe that I am capable of murder?"
你真的相信,我会干出杀人的勾当?
No.
不。
All right, then.
那就对了。
Of course, I didn't think mom was capable of suicide, either.
当然,我也没想到妈会自杀。
On second thought, why don't we start with Much Ado About Nothing?
重新考虑过,我们为什么不从《无事生非》开始。
I think we could use a few laughs around here.
我想我们需要寻找些笑料。

影视精讲


start with: 从…开始、从…着手
Start with employees and the rest follows from that ."
从员工开始,其他一切都会水到渠成。
We are going to start with candy and give people a value proposition, "he says."
他说:“我们准备从糖果开始,并给人们抛出一个价值主张。

close to: 接近、亲近
China used to be close to zero.
以前中国的金融混乱程度接近于零。
Some diplomats seem close to despair.
一些外交官看起来已近乎绝望。

on second thought: 经过重新考虑
On second thought, I will buy those cigars.
再三考虑之后,我会买这些雪茄。
On second thought, I will take the subway instead of a taxi.
我本来打车去,转念一想,我还是打算坐地铁去。



分享到
重点单词
  • pearln. 珍珠 v. (用珍珠)装饰,呈珍珠状 adj. 珍
  • candyn. 糖果 vt. 用糖煮,使结晶为砂糖 vi. 结晶为
  • capableadj. 有能力的,足以胜任的,有 ... 倾向的
  • ridiculousadj. 荒谬的,可笑的
  • propositionn. 建议,命题,主张 vt. 向 ... 提议,向 .
  • despairn. 绝望,失望 vi. 失望