《绝望的主妇》第345期:你是老板你说了算
日期:2015-08-26 07:07

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听

Then our eskimo turns in the camera and says "polar fresh mints will give your breath an 'a'-plus, too."
然后我们这位爱斯基摩人转向镜头说到"用南极牌薄荷糖你的口气也能得个A+"
So what do you think?
怎么样?
It feels a little familiar.
感觉似曾相识
Really? I don't think so.
真的?不会吧
No, I'm pretty sure the Lowell group used eskimos in a deodorant commercial they had last month. Remember?
不,我肯定Lowell集团已经用过爱斯基摩人的点子了,就是他们上个月做的那个除臭剂广
告,记得吗?
Oh, this is completely different.
这完全不一样。
Those were jock eskimos competing in the Iditarod.
他们的爱斯基摩人刚刚上大学。
Our eskimo's trying to, you know patch things up with his wife.
我们的爱斯基摩人已经在...处理婚姻生活了。
Yeah. No, I get the subtle distinction.
恩,我看到了这些小改动。
I think we can do better.
我觉得有改善的余地。
Okay? So, Sally, you're up What do you got for me?
好吗?好了,Sally,轮到你了有什么好点子?
"I got the subtle distinction"?
我看到了这些小改动?
What was that about?
你搞什么?
If you really wanna do this now, shut the door.
如果非要现在说,那就关门。
Okay, sure, I was a little bitchy.
好吧,我刚才的确有点苛刻了。
But you know why?
可你知道为什么吗?
You did a half-ass job in there.
因为你完全没有全身心投入。
Hey, you may not like my idea.
嘿,也许我的创意你不喜欢。
but you can't say I didn't work hard.
可也不至于说我没努力吧。
Oh, please I live with you.
拜托咱们住在一起。
Last night, when you should've been trying to make that pitch work you were watching the game.
昨天晚上你本该在工作可你却在看球赛。
I wasn't watching the game.
我才没有。
I saw you.
我都看见了。
What, okay, now I can't check the score?
我看看比分还不行了?
Are you saying you gave your heart and soul to that eskimo pitch?
你敢说你在爱斯基摩那个项目上尽全力了?
I worked really hard on that pitch.
我已经很卖力了。
Well, exactly. So? Big deal.
你看吧,有什么大不了的。
Go work up some new ideas,
再想些新点子出来,
and then we'll go over it during lunch. Okay
我们午饭的时候再讨论好吗?
You're the boss.
谁让你是老板呢。
Yes, I am.
我的确是啊。

影视精讲

familiar: 熟悉的
be familiar with 一般是指某人熟悉某人、某物。例如:
I am not familiar with this computer.
我不熟悉这台计算机。
Oh, at the end some songs that everyone's familiar with, they can join in.
噢,在晚会快要结束时来几首大家都熟悉的歌曲,那样听众就可以跟着唱。
be familiar to 则是某物、某事为某人熟悉。例如:
The name seems familiar to me. = I seem familiar with the name.
这个名字我似乎是很熟悉的。

patch up: 解决,匆忙处理
We can patch up those holes.
我们可以修补这些破洞。
They have tried to patch up their differences.
他们已经设法弥合了他们的分歧.

give your heart and soul to: 全心全意
Are you saying you gave your heart and soul to that eskimo pitch?
你敢说你在爱斯基摩那个项目上尽全力了?

分享到