《绝望的主妇》第255期:知人知面不知心
日期:2015-01-21 09:14

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


So, he poisoned Rex?
这么说他毒死了Rex?
Sweet, little George Williams.
我们善良的小George Williams。
Well, it turns out he wasn't so sweet after all.
看来他实际上并不怎么善良。
Anyway, uh, there's a chance that some of this may wind up in the paper, so I wanted you to hear it from me first.
总之,搞不好这件事会上报纸,所以我想你们先从我这里听到。
Bree, I'm so sorry.
Bree,我和遗憾。
Yeah, like you haven't been through enough.
是啊,就好像你受的苦还不够多似的。
God, and he's our pharmacist. It's enough to turn you holistic.
天哪,他是我家的药剂师。真是知人知面不知心。
I know this sounds awful, but I'm kind of glad the guy's dead.
这么说听起来有点狠,但我真高兴他死了。
Oh, I hope that little creep suffered.
我希望他吃了苦头。
Well, we'll never know.
我们没法知道了。
That's Andrew back from Camp Hennessey. I've got to go.
Andrew从Hennessey营地回来了。我得走了。
Does he know yet?
他知道了么?
He hasn't got a clue.
他还蒙在鼓里呢!
How do you think he's gonna react?
你想他会怎么反应?
All right, what the hell is going on? I know you didn't take me out of kid jail for my health.
行了,发生什么事儿了?我想你不是为了我的健康。才把我从儿童监狱里叫回来的。
I'll get back to you, uh, later.
咱们晚点儿再见。

影视精讲


wind up: 结束
The President is about to wind up his visit to Somalia.
总统即将结束对索马里的访问。
The Bank of England seems determined to wind up the company.
英格兰银行似乎决心要关闭这家公司。

get a clue: 明白,理解
Do it secretly so that he doesn't get a clue.
切记一定不要让他发觉。
He hasn't got a clue.
他还蒙在鼓里呢!

分享到
重点单词
  • jailn. 监牢,监狱,拘留所 vt. 监禁,下狱
  • determinedadj. 坚毅的,下定决心的
  • pharmacistn. 药剂师,药商
  • reactvt. 作出反应 vi. 起反应,起作用,反攻
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,