《绝望的主妇》第187期:错过的亲子时光
日期:2014-09-15 11:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


There was one thing all the fathers on Wisteria Lane had in common.
住在Wisteria路的父亲们有一个共同点
Daddy, daddy.
爸爸,爸爸
They could return home after a hard day'swork the family they left behind.
劳顿一天的他们可以回到他丢下的家人们身边
Daddy, daddy.
爸爸,爸爸
And not feel at all guilty about the precious moments they had missed.
而丝毫不为没能陪伴家人而愧疚。
Sadly, the same could not be said for the working mothers.
可悲的是工作的母亲们却做不到这一点。
Hey, honey. I held dinner for as long as I could. It just got…too late for them.
嗨,宝贝,我把晚餐一再推迟了…但后来...实在太晚了。
You couldn't have given them coffee or something?
你就不能给他们喝点咖啡什么的?
I just feel like I’m missing out on their lives entirely.
我觉得我已经完全脱离他们的生活了。
Hey, you sit, eat and I will fill you in.
嗨,你坐下,吃饭。我来给你讲。
Oh, don’t eat that. That’s been sitting out for hours. That’s for Mrs. Mulberry.
哦 别吃这个,都放了好久了。这是留给Mulberry太太的。
This is for you.
这个,是给你的。
I’m sorry, who?
不好意思 谁?
Oh, Mrs. Mulberry. Parker has an imaginary friend. Um, British nanny.
哦,Mulberry太太。Parker幻想他有这么个朋友,英国保姆。
I think he really locked into the whole Mary Poppins thing.
我想他对《欢乐满人间》太着迷了。
Is that why he’s sleeping with an umbrella?
他就为这个抱着雨伞睡觉?
He carries it with him everywhere. It’s a security blanket.
他走到哪都带着。让他有安全感。
When did this start?
什么时候开始的?
About a week ago, I guess.
大概一周以前吧。
And you don’t find it odd that Parker’snew nanny made her appearance right at the time I went back to work?
Parker的新保姆正好在我开始工作时后出现,你不觉得奇怪么?
Kids have imaginary friends. It’s no big deal.
小孩都有想象的朋友,没什么大不了的。
I agree with you to a point when they're flying kangaroos or giant robots,
我也同意你,要是那些朋友是会飞的袋鼠,巨型机器人的话
not surrogate mommies.
但这个等于代理母亲。
Hey, Parker is having a little trouble adjusting, that’s all.
parker只是还不适应,不过如此。
Apparently, so are you. Honey, don’t be so sensitive.
你也是呀!宝贝,别这么敏感。
I hope you’re right. At the risk of sounding too sensitive,
希望你是对的。我不想听起来很敏感
how come she gets a bigger portion?
但为什么她那份比我的多?

影视精讲


in common:共同的
What do they have in common?
他们有什么共同点呢?
I darted left and saw that, according to facebook, we had over 20 friends in common.
我迅速瞄回左边,发现根据facebook的统计,我们拥有20多个共同的朋友。

miss out: (被)遗忘;(被)略去
Many modern humans miss out on this, as we spend our days in constructed environments.
但许多现代人却忽略了这一点,因为他们生活在建造的环境里。
And for those of us who spend entirely too much time in social networks, having these gadgets on hand means we won't miss out on the important information that matters most.
而对于那些在社交网络上耗费太多光阴的人来说,手头有这些小工具即意味着这些人不会再错失那些极其重要的信息了。

at the risk of: 冒…风险
It may never do so, even at the risk of being bombed.
他可能即便冒着被轰炸的危险也不这样做。

分享到
重点单词
  • portionn. 部分,份,命运,分担的责任
  • preciousadj. 宝贵的,珍贵的,矫揉造作的 adv. 极其地
  • securityn. 安全,防护措施,保证,抵押,债券,证券
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • constructedvt. 构造,建造;创立,构筑;搭建(construct
  • blanketn. 毛毯,覆盖物,排字版 vt. 用毯子裹,扑灭,挡风
  • sensitiveadj. 敏感的,灵敏的,易受伤害的,感光的,善解人意的
  • socialadj. 社会的,社交的 n. 社交聚会
  • imaginaryadj. 想象的,虚构的
  • appearancen. 外表,外貌,出现,出场,露面