《绝望的主妇》第315期:未来的前夫是个gay
日期:2015-05-18 12:43

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Sometimes she is a little hard tostomach, but she means well.
虽然有时候她让人难以忍受,但是总体来说不错。
That's, that’s...
好吧,就是说…
Oh, here she is.
你好!噢,她来了。
I came as soon as I got your message. Is this...?
我一收到你的短信就来了,这是…
This is Gary Grantham, your future ex-husband.
这是加里·格兰瑟姆,你未来的准丈夫。
Wow, nice to meet you.
哇哦,很高兴见到你。
Okay, listen, um, I've got to meet a client.
好吧,听着,嗯,我还有个客户要见。
I've got to go, so just talk amongst yourselves, and you two make a very handsome couple.
现在得走了,那么随便聊聊,你们真是一对俊男美女。
So, do you want to get married on Wednesday?
你愿意在星期三结婚么?
Because Thursday and Friday I'm out of town.
因为星期四和星期五我不在这儿。
Oh! Oh, yeah sure, that's, Wednesday's great.
噢!噢,可以。当然,我是说,星期三很不错。
Well, I'm, I'm just curious. How did Edieconvince you to do this so quickly?
我,我只是好奇,伊迪是怎么在这么短的时间内就说服你的?
Well, she explained your situation to me.
他跟我说明了你的情况。
I'm sort of in need of a fake bride myself, so I figured, what the heck?
我正急着找一个挂名新娘,所以我同意了,管它的。
Why would you need a fake bride?
为什么你需要一个挂名新娘?
I'm gay and I've never come out to my mother.
啊,我是个同性恋。并且我永远无法对我妈妈坦诚这件事。
Really?
真的?
Yeah. At first, I just didn't wantto upset her. Then she got older,
开始,我只是不想让她难过,后来她年纪大了,
she got emphysema and diverticulitis, and I started thinking,
得了肺气肿和憩室炎,我开始思考,
if I just kept my mouth shut, then one day nature would take its course
只要我闭口不提,她终将离开,
and we could avoid what is sure to be a very ugly scene.
那我们就可以避免一个必定非常糟糕的场面。
So what changed?
那么是什么改变了?
She told me at her eighty-first birthday party last month the only reason
上个月在她81岁生日的时候她告诉我,她坚持到现在的唯一原因,
she's hanging on is to see me get married.
是希望能看到我结婚。
Oh. Oh, so by marrying me...
噢,噢。所以只要和我结婚…
Yeah, I'd get my inheritance that much sooner.
是的,我也将更快得到遗产。
No, but mostly, I want to make sure she's happy. Well, you seem very nice, Susan.
不,最主要的是,我想让她开心。你看起来非常不错,Susan。
Uh, it will be a pleasure being married to you.
啊,和你结婚会是一件非常令人。
Uh, likewise.
愉快的事。
Here, you can finish the rest of the fries.
就这样,你可以把剩下的吃完。

影视精讲


as soon as: 一…就
So you'll call me as soon as you hear anything?
那么一有消息您就会给我打电话吧?
Let me know as soon as you can, enid.
你一决定就尽快告诉我,伊妮。

sort of: 有几分的、近似
But this sort of change is gradual.
但是这种转变是逐渐变化的。
What sort of information has been leaked via wikileaks?
什么类型的信息通过维基解密被泄露?

in need of: 需要、缺少
A third area in need of public debate is energy policy.
第三个需要得到公众讨论的问题是能源政策。
Health care is a huge muddled industry in need of regulation.
医保是一个巨大而混乱需要规范的产业。

分享到