《绝望的主妇》第117期:事业和家庭哪个更重要?
日期:2014-04-07 09:09

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Hey.
嗨。
Hi. So, what's the word on Tim?
嗨,TIM的情况怎么样了?
He came through the triple bypass with flying colors.
他身上插着三根导管不过已经没事了。
Thank god.
谢天谢地。
Course, it's not all coming up roses.
当然, 也不全是好消息。
He's not going to be able to come back to work for four, four and a half months.
他将有4到4个半月... 不能参加工作 。
Oh. What?
哦。什么?
The company still needs to expand,
公司依然需要扩张,
so I figure they need a fit, heart-smart guy like me to step up, take the ball.
所以我想他们需要有人替代,一个像我这样的聪明人挺身而出, 接过重担。
You're going after Tim Doogan's promotion?
你要去争取TIM DUGGAN的晋升机会?
No. I already got it. You should've seen me.
不. 我已经得到了。你应该看到我今天所做的事。
I walked straight into Peterson's office and I told him he would be a fool to hold Doogan's promotion.
我径直冲进PETERSON的办公室告诉他,如果他升DUGGAN的职, 他将是个傻子。
You called your boss a fool?
你叫你老板傻子?
I did. That was risky in retrospect, but you know what? Still, he gave me the job.
是的。回想起来那真是冒险啊,但你知道么, 他依然给我了那份工作。
Look at me. It's me, I'm the man, I got the whole west coast.
亲爱的, 这就是我。我是那个成功者,我得到了整个西海岸--
Oh my -- what? What? The whole west coast?
哦, 我的-- 什么? 什么? 整个西海岸?
I thought you were going after an in-house position.
我以为你追求的是一个在总部的职位。
No, no, no. I'm setting up new offices fromSeattle to L.A. I, I told you that.
不, 不, 不. 我将从西雅图开始设立办公室一直到洛杉矶。我- 我告诉过你。
No. No, you didn't.
没有。你没有。
Okay, so it's gonna be a little bit more travel.
好吧,所以将会有一些些更多的旅行, 但--
More travel? Tom, you're barely here half the time as it is.
更多的旅行? TOM, 你现在只有一半时间在家里。
Now you're going to have -- what, twice the work load?
而现在你的工作量又要翻倍?
Honey? Please, don't ruin this.
亲爱的, 拜托, 不要破坏这一切。
I'm sorry, but you should have consulted me.
对不起, 但是你应该和我谈谈。
I did. You told me to stop being a shrinking violet and to step up.
我谈了啊你告诉我不要做一个羞怯的人要挺身而出。
I thought this was an in-house position.
我以为这是一个在总部的职位。
Okay, I'm going to go shower.
好吧, 我要去冲澡了。
Look, wait, wait. I know what this means to you.
等一下, 等一下。我知道这对你意味着什么。
No, you don't. No, you don't. I am forty-one years old. If I don't make vice president now, it's never gonna happen.
不, 你不知道。不, 你不知道, 我41岁了。如果我现在不能做到副主管,永远都做不到了。
This is my career. It's, it's important to me.
这是我的职业, 这-- 这对我很重要。
So was mine, but I'm here, aren't I?
我的也是, 但我在这儿, 不是吗?
I'm gonna take the job.
我要接受这个工作。

影视精讲


come through: 经历
His mother came through a serious illness.
他妈妈生了一场重病脱险了。
He has come through all kinds of difficulties.
他经历过各种各样的困难。

with flying colors: 出色地
John comes off with flying colors in everything he does.
约翰所做的每件事都极为成功。

come up roses : (事情)显得很完满[顺利]
Everything will come up roses.
一切都会圆满结束的。

go after: 追逐, 追求
The cctv attack on baidu could reflect a decision to go after a less protected target.
央视对百度的攻击可能反映了一个决定:追逐缺少保护的目标。
She starts to go after him when jack appears.
她向那人追去,突然杰克现身出来。

in retrospect: 回顾, 回顾往事
In retrospect , not such a good idea.
回顾检讨过去,这主意不怎么好。

分享到
重点单词
  • figuren. 图形,数字,形状; 人物,外形,体型 v. 演算,
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟
  • expandv. 增加,详述,扩展,使 ... 膨胀, vi. (谈
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • settingn. 安装,放置,周围,环境,(为诗等谱写的)乐曲 动词
  • retrospectn. 回顾,追溯 v. 回顾,回想,追溯 n.对症
  • violetn. 紫罗兰,紫色 adj. 紫色的
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • bypassvt. 绕开,忽视 n. 支路,旁道
  • reflectv. 反映,反射,归咎