《绝望的主妇》第167期:为争夺控制权而争斗
日期:2014-08-11 09:26

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Beautiful lawns, spacious homes, happy families.
漂亮的草坪,华丽的豪宅,幸福的家庭。
These are the hallmarks of suburbia. But if you look beneath the veneer of gracious living...
这些都是郊区居民的特点。但如果你仔细观察这祥和表象的背后,总会发现有争斗在延续...
You will see a battle raging, a battle for control.
为争夺控制权的争斗。
You see the combatants everywhere, engaged in their routine skirmishes...
你会发现随处都有斗争者,在一切日常的冲突中...
Fighting fiercely to have dominion over the world around them all the while knowing...it's a battle they will lose.
激烈的对抗以求得对周边环境的控制,即使他们知道,他们肯定会输掉。
Oh, hey, honey, um, just stick that anywhere. I'll take care of it.
哦,亲爱的,你可以随便放在什么地方。我会收拾的。
Wow. It's really piling up.
堆积这么多了。
Oh, uh, don't worry. I have a system.
哦,别担心。我自有处置方案。
Really?
真的?
Yeah, every two days, I clean.
是的,每两天,我打扫一次。
Two days.
两天。
Yeah, I let the mess accumulate for two days, and then I clean until it's sparkling, and then, uh, the cycle starts all over again.
是的,我让这团乱麻先堆积两天,然后我再把它收拾得白净到发亮,然后整个循环继续。
And why have I never seen the sparkling part?
那怎么...我没看见循环中“发亮”的环节?
Well, because by the time you get home from work, the boys have messed everything up again.
因为你回家之前,这些小子就把所有东西都弄乱了。
See, that's what I would call a flaw in the system.
瞧?这就是我所说的方案的缺陷。
What are you doing?
你在干什么?
I think I'm asking you to clean the house.
我以为我在要求你把屋子打扫干净。
Really? Because it sounds to me like you're criticizing me.
真的吗?因为在我看来,你在批评我。
No. No, no, no, no. No. I'm not saying it has to be sparkling.
不。不,不,不对,没有。我没有说必须要白净到发亮。
How many times did I come home to a mess and I never said a word?
多少次我回到家看见一团糟,我可没说一句话。
Please, don't take this the wrong way. I think you are doing a terrific job, but let's be clear.
别,千万别误会我的意思。我觉得你的活儿干得很出色,但我们说明白好了。
When you came home,it was to clutter.
你回来的时候,家里是有些乱糟糟。
I mean, come on,this is...more than that.
我是说,但是,这些...可不只乱糟糟。

影视精讲


engage in: 忙于
Housework engages much of her time.
家务事占用了她很多时间。
They engage in more high-risk activities than women.
他们比女人更多地从事高风险的活动。

dominion: 统治权
They truly believe they have dominion over us.
他们真的以为他们对我们有统治权。

all the while: 一直,始终
He teaches English in the school all the while.
他一直在这所学校里教英语。

pile up: 堆积
On the ground fully pile up the pallen leaves.
地上堆满了落叶。
Mail was still piling up at the office.
办公室里的邮件仍在往上堆。

mess up: 弄糟,弄乱
He got another chance and didn't want to mess up again.
他又获得一次机会,这次他再也不愿意把事情弄糟了。
She used to mess up the floor and I had to clean up after her.
她过去常常把地板弄得很脏乱,而我不得不为她清理干净。

分享到
重点单词
  • flawn. 瑕疵,缺陷,裂缝 v. 使破裂,有瑕疵 n.
  • controln. 克制,控制,管制,操作装置 vt. 控制,掌管,支
  • sparklingadj. 闪闪发光的,闪烁的;起泡沫的 v. 闪耀;发出
  • engagev. 答应,预定,使忙碌,雇佣,订婚
  • routinen. 例行公事,常规,无聊 adj. 常规的,例行的,乏
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • accumulatevt. 积聚,累加,堆积 vi. 累积
  • veneern. 薄木片,饰面,虚饰 vt. 镶盖,胶合,粉饰
  • engagedadj. 忙碌的,使用中的,订婚了的