《绝望的主妇》第128期:原来是恶人先告状
日期:2014-04-26 10:23

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Nurse Abigail?
Abigail护士?
Mrs. Scavo, right? The twins' mother?
Scavo夫人,对吗?双胞胎的妈妈?
I just wanted to tell you that the boys are now lice-free.
我只是想过来告诉你他们俩现在好多了。
Good to hear.
太好了。
I just can't figure out how it happened. They get a bath every night. Trust me, it's the ugliest 15 minutes of the day.
我只是不明白怎么会这样的,每天晚上都给他们洗澡,相信我每天最恐怖的15分钟。
I believe you.
我相信你。
I keep thinking that maybe it was the petting zoo that I took them to last week. That llama was really iffy.
我一直在想也许是因为我上周带他们去的那个地方,那些骆驼太脏了。
Mrs. Scavo, it doesn't work that way. Lice only spread from human to human.
Scavo夫人,并不是那样的。虱子只能在人与人之间传来传去
Even the cleanest kid in the world can get it if he gets too close to the wrong kid.
即使是最干净的孩子如果和不好的小孩在一起也会得的。
Really?
真的?
Yes. So don't be so hard on yourself, huh?
是的,所以别太自责了。
I guess. Still, I can't help but feel a little guilty. After all, my kids started an entire lice outbreak.
但我依然很内疚,是我们家的孩子引起了这场虱子风波。
Look, your, uh, your kids didn't start it.
不是你们家的孩子。
They didn't?
不是他们?
No. I know for a fact that patient zero was another little boy. This is his fourth time with this particular problem.
不是,我知道是另外一个小孩,这种事情已经发生过四次了。
Oh. That is a load off my mind. Well, thank you.
啊,我想得太多了,谢谢你。
So which kid is it?
谁家的小孩?
I can't tell you. You know we have a no-blame policy. We have to protect the children. You understand.
我不能告诉你,你知道我们的不责怪原则吧?为了保护那个孩子,你能理解的。
Of course.
当然。
No, I don't. You're going to have to give me a name.
不,我不理解,你一定要告诉我是谁。
Mrs. Scavo --
Scavo夫人…
Here's the thing. Acting like parents won't assign blame is like pretending they don't keep score at pee-wee league games. It's human nature.
是这样的,做父母的都想保护自己的孩子,这是人类的天性。
If you don't give the moms someone to blame, they'll pick a scapegoat. I can't let my boys be the scapegoat.
如果你不说出来,他们就会找个替罪羊,我不想我的孩子成为替罪羊。
Please don't put me in this position.
请其它人的立场考虑一下。
I'm begging you. They've already been uninvited from a birthday party,
我求求你。他们已经被一个生日party拒之门外,
a really big birthday party with a bouncy house and a hot dog stand and a clown.
一个非常非常盛大的party,有弹跳房,小丑表演……
I wish I could help you, but --
我希望我能帮你,但…
For god's sakes, there's gonna be a magician. Tammy Brennan went all out.
看在上帝的份上必须有个公道,Timy Brelon不让我们参加。
Tammy Brennan? Topher's mother?
Timy Brelon?Tolfer的妈妈?
Yes.
是的,
Well, isn't that interesting. Have a seat.
这太没劲了,坐吧。

影视精讲


figure out: 想出,理解
I can't figure out what he was hinting at.
我想不出他在暗示什么。
Could you help me figure out this problem?
你能帮我解决这问题吗?

get close to: 接近,靠近
Stick close to me and you won't get lost.
紧跟在我后面你就迷不了路。
No one is dare to get close to your dog as it is too feral.
你的狗太凶猛了,所以没人敢靠近它。

for god’s sake: 看在上帝的份上
For God's sake stop dithering and make up your mind!
看在上帝面上,别再犹豫了,快拿定主意吧!

分享到
重点单词
  • particularadj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的 n. 个别项目
  • scoren. 得分,刻痕,二十,乐谱 vt. 记分,刻划,划线,
  • guiltyadj. 有罪的,内疚的
  • actingn. 演戏,行为,假装 adj. 代理的,临时的,供演出
  • understandvt. 理解,懂,听说,获悉,将 ... 理解为,认为
  • blamen. 过失,责备 vt. 把 ... 归咎于,责备
  • stickn. 枝,杆,手杖 vt. 插于,刺入,竖起 vi. 钉
  • spreadv. 伸展,展开,传播,散布,铺开,涂撒 n. 伸展,传
  • minutesn. 会议记录,(复数)分钟
  • protectvt. 保护,投保