《绝望的主妇》第112期:谢谢你这么理解我
日期:2014-03-27 17:33

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Sorry about ruining dinner.
不好意思破坏了晚餐。
Ah, please. I am just glad you’re okay. So, you shot yourself?
哦,拜托,我真高兴你没事。那么……你射伤了你自己?
Pretty lame, huh? I was cleaning my automatic and I was too embarrassed to tell you.
很没说服力吧,哈?我在清洗我的自动手枪,然后……,我太过尴尬而不敢告诉你。
Well, I could see why you would be.
嗯……我知道你为什么会。
I know it sounds crazy.
我知道这听起来很疯狂,
I just couldn’t let myself ruin your Valentine's Day.
我只是……我不能让我自己毁掉你的情人节。
But I heard what you said at the restaurant about not wanting kids.
但我听到了你在餐厅里说的话,关于不想要孩子。
We don’t have to talk about that now.
我们不需要现在谈论这个。
Oh, Susan, I just want to be with you above everything else.
不,SUSAN……我只想和你在一起,其他任何事都无所谓。
That means not being a dad?
如果那样意味着我不能做爸爸……
I may be stupid enough to shoot myself, but I am not stupid enough to walk away from you.
我也许蠢到开枪射自己。但我没有蠢到离开你。
You know that, right?
你知道的,对吧?
Yeah. I am gonna go outside and let you rest for a while.
是的。我要出去了……让你休息一会儿。
Thanks for being so understanding.
谢谢……谢谢你能这么理解我。

影视精讲


walk away from: 离开
In doing so, we walk away from numerous opportunities and positive experiences.
这样做的同时,我们远离了大量的机遇和积极的经验。
Walk away from a stupid conflict instead of making it worse.
在把一个愚蠢的冲突变得更糟之前走开。

understanding: 通情达理的
Her boss, who was very understanding, gave her time off...
她的老板很通情达理,准了她的假。
There was complete understanding between Wilson and myself.
我和威尔逊之间完全能够彼此理解,相互信任。

分享到
重点单词
  • embarrassedadj. 尴尬的,局促不安的,拮据的
  • numerousadj. 为数众多的,许多
  • conflictn. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗 vi. 冲突,争执,抵触
  • ruinv. 毁灭,毁坏,破产 n. 毁灭,崩溃,废墟