《绝望的主妇》 第243期:原来心机如此之重
日期:2014-12-30 20:04

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


Um, who are you here to see?
恩,你来这里找谁?
I'm Lynette Scavo
我叫Lynette Scavo
I work here
我在这里工作
Who are you?
你是谁?
Pat. It's my first day.
Pat. 我第一天上班.
Oh. Well, welcome.
嗯. 那好吧,欢迎.
What happened to Stu?
Stu出了什么事?
You fired Stu?
你解雇了Stu?
Oh, Lynette, hey. Come on in
噢,Lynette,进来
I can't believe you would sink so low
真不敢相信你想掩盖事实
I'm going to Ed
我要告诉Ed
Ed knows. This is Stu's employee evaluation file right here.
Ed知道了,这是Stu的工作评估报告。
This thing is full of black marks
他的表现不好。
Come on, Nina. We both knowwhy you got rid of him
得了吧.我们都知道你为什么想摆脱他
Well, good luck proving it.
那你去找证据吧
Oh, and on a completely unrelated topic,
顺便说个无关的话题
there's going to be another round offirings coming down the pike
下一轮的裁员就要开始了。
Ed's been after me to trim the fat
Ed一直催我解雇多余人员。
You threatening me?
你在威胁我?
No, no. Unh-unh.
不,没有
It's just that it's gonna be my job to evaluate those who are team players and those who are not
只是我的工作就是来考量谁是称职的员工,谁不是。
Just a little heads up
有点过头了?
Just trying to be nice.
试着友好点

影视精讲


sink so low【沉得如此深,意思是把事实掩盖的如此深】
It's pathetic to see her best friend sink so low.
看到自己最好的朋友堕落到这种地步,她感到非常悲哀。
I can't believe you would sink so low
真不敢相信你想掩盖事实

black marks: 记过符号(污点,损坏名誉的东西)
I hope these black marks will clean off.
我希望这些黑斑点能除掉。
The public scandal was a black mark against him.
那条尽人皆知的丑闻成了他的一个污点。

get rid of: 摆脱
Let's get rid of this moldy old furniture.
咱们把这件老掉牙的旧家具扔掉吧。
We have an extractor fan in the kitchen to get rid of the smell of cooking.
我们的厨房里有台排气扇,用来消除油烟。

分享到