《绝望的主妇》第154期:男主内女主外
日期:2014-07-01 09:24

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


So, did you have a fun day?
你今天过得好吗?
As a matter of fact, I did. I probably had the most fun that I have had in a long time.
事实上,很好。哈 哈 哈 哈 我可能渡过了很长时间里最美好的一天
You know, I didn't tell you to quit.
瞧,我并没要你辞职
No. No, no, no. No, you made damn sure that I'd go nowhere for the next twenty years.
没有 不 不 不 不 你只是TMD保证了我未来20年里哪也去不了。
I don't know what to say.
我不知道该说什么
I hear "please forgive me" is popular.
我听说“请原谅我”这句话满流行的
Yes, I am sorry. I am so, so sorry. I didn't want to hurt you. But I was trying to protect our family.
是的 对不起 我很抱歉 很抱歉 我并不想伤害你,我只是想保护我们的家庭
If you got a promotion, we never would have seen you. You would have been traveling all the day.
如果你升职的话,我们会再也见不到你了,你会整天出差
Lynette, Lynette, Lynette, you're right. You're right. You're right. That promotion would have just killed us, so this is gonna all work out.
Lynette,Lynette,Lynette,你是对的 你是对的 你是对的,那升职会毁掉我们,所以这样反而好
What does that mean?
什么意思?
It means that I can use the break.
就是说我可以休息了
Oh, well, yeah. I think it would be good for you to take some time off.
噢,是的 我想你休息一阵子会很好
No, not some time. Full time. I'm gonna be a stay-at-home dad.
不,不是一阵子,是从今往后 我要做个驻家老爸
Huh?
啊?
What the heck? You earn the living for a while.
啊 什么? 暂时由你去赚钱养家
Tom, that's...crazy.
TOM, 这真是…...疯了
Why? Why is it crazy? You and I both know that you're better at the ad game, and you tell me all the time how hard it is to be a mom.
为什么?为什么这就是疯了 你和我都知道 你在广告界比较吃得开 你又一直跟我说做妈妈多辛苦
Well, yes, yes, it is hard, but I, I love it, too, and I've been doing it for six years, and I haven't complained the entire time.
是,是很辛苦,但是我很喜欢,而且我已经做了6年了,我也不是一直都在抱怨
Fair enough. Fair enough. But be honest. Secretly, you miss the ad game, don't you?
很公平够公平,但诚实点...背地里...你很想念广告界,不是吗?
I mean, you miss the pressure and the deadlines and the, the power lunches. Or am I wrong?
我是说,你想念那些压力和期限 还有那个--那个充满激情的午餐 我说错了吗?
Maybe, maybe you want to sort dirty socks the rest of your life.
也许-- 也许妳想去收拾那些脏兮兮的袜子,让妳的生活碌碌无为
We should talk about this seriously before we make any rash decisions.
我们在认真地谈论这些 在我们做出轻率的决定之前
I already made the decision. You're going back to work.
我已经做了决定, 妳要重返职场


影视精讲


quit: 辞职
Nanula quit the day the fortune story came out.
杂志出版当天,纳努拉从公司辞职。
Actors and directors can quit.
演员和导演有可能退出。

work out 解决;作出;锻炼;了解某人的本质
It couldn't work out.
那是没用的。
I just have that confidence that things are going to work out fine.
我就是有信心,相信事情总是能解决得很好。

be honest 平心而论
That's okay, just be honest.
这都没关系,只要你诚实对待。
To be honest, I haven't a clue.
说实话,我一点也不知道。

分享到
重点单词
  • popularadj. 流行的,大众的,通俗的,受欢迎的
  • protectvt. 保护,投保
  • fortunen. 财产,命运,运气
  • decisionn. 决定,决策
  • pressuren. 压力,压强,压迫 v. 施压
  • confidenceadj. 骗得信任的 n. 信任,信心,把握
  • promotionn. 晋升,促进,提升
  • havenn. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,
  • rashadj. 鲁莽的 n. 疹子,大量