《绝望的主妇》第164期:有些人从未走近
日期:2014-07-26 16:31

(单词翻译:单击)

原文试听


So it looks like Mary Alice killed Zach's birth mother in order to keep her from taking Zach away.
Mary Alice为了不让Zach被带走,杀了他的生母。
Oh, my god. I mean, I knew Mary Alice had killed herself over something big, but wow.
天哪我是说,我知道Mary Alice一定是因为一件很严重的事而自杀,但没想到。
Can you imagine living with that guilt?
你能想像如何带着那种罪恶感生活么?
Isn't it bizarre that Paul and Mary Alice had this secret all those years,
这不是很奇异么,Paul和Mary Alice这些年来一直带着这个秘密生活,
and we didn't even know about it?
我们竟一点没有察觉。
No, not really.
不,我不觉得。
I mean, what do we actually know about our neighbors?
我是说,我们到底了解我们的邻居多少?
I mean, we can tell if they keep their lawns nice
我们能看到他们的草坪修剪得很好
or they take their trash cans in,
能知道他们把垃圾桶拿进房子
but when they do those things, we stop asking questions.
但只要他们做这些事, 我们就不再多问了。
Bcause if people are good neighbors...
因为只要他们是个好邻居…
We don't really care what happens behind closed doors.
我们就不会去在乎门后面发生着什么。
It had been one year since my suicide...
我自杀后已经过去一年了…
Makes you wonder, doesn't it?
值得思索啊,不是么?
And a lot had changed on Wisteria Lane.
Wisteria Lane上发生了很多改变。
There were new flowers, new houses, and new neighbors—
新的花儿,新的房子,还有新的邻居…
the kind anyone would want living right next door.
人人心中理想的那种好邻居住进了隔壁

影视精讲


live with: 与…在一起生活;忍受,忍耐
Do you live with someone?
你和什么人住在一起吗?
Unfortunately, western pharmaceutical firms must live with the dark side of the health care industry in china.
不幸的是,西方制药企业也必须忍受中国医药行业的黑暗面。

bizarre adj.离奇的; 奇特的(指态度,容貌,款式等); 奇怪的; 奇幻
But how bizarre is this story?
但这件事有多奇异呢?
Bizarre but true, the sea slug carries out photosynthesis.
虽然很奇异但千真万确,这种海蛤蝓能实现光合作用。

分享到
重点单词
  • guiltn. 罪行,内疚
  • bizarreadj. 奇异的,怪诞的 n. 奇异花
  • photosynthesisn. 光合作用