《绝望的主妇》第30期:完美主妇的完美报复
日期:2013-06-03 14:53

(单词翻译:单击)

原文视听


Susan: Okay, I got to break the ice here. So you're in counseling. Big deal.
好吧,我想我该打破这里的沉默。你们在咨询婚姻顾问,没什么大不了的。
You want humiliation? I'll give you humiliation. I locked myself out of my house stark naked and got caught by Mike.
你们知道什么是羞耻吗? 我告诉你什么是羞耻。 我把我自己完全赤裸地锁在门外而且正好被Mike发现。
Gabrielle: Oh, my god. When did this happen?
哦,天啊,什么时候的事情?
Susan: Today, right before the party.
今天,就在聚会之前。
Mike: What can I say? Right place, right time.
我能说什么呢? 正巧碰到了。
I think I can top that. Try getting thrown out of Disneyland for lewd behavior.
我想我最离谱了因为下流行为被赶出迪斯尼乐园。
What? When was this?
什么? 这又是什么时候的事啊?
Lynette: When Tom and I were first married, things got a little out of hand on Mr. Toad's wild ride.
Tom和我刚结婚的时候,有些事情变得无法控制,情不自禁
Rex: You're kidding.
你在开玩笑吧
Lynette: No. We got perp walked down main street, USA.
当然没有,我们像罪犯一样走在美国主街上。
Gabrielle: Well, since we're doing true confessions, Carlos and I once broke a waterbed in Cancoon.
既然我们在做真诚忏悔。Carlos和我在渡假村弄破了一张水床。。
Mike: How'd you manage that?
你们怎么做到的?
Gabrielle: Well, he used to have a thing for spiked heels.
他以前对高跟鞋上的后跟有癖好。
Carlos: I'd just like to make it clear -- she was wearing them.
我只想说清楚 -- 她穿着它们。
Bree: Rex cries after he ejaculates.
Rex在射精后会哭。

影视精讲


重要词组
break the ice: 打破冷场
big deal: (常用作反语)至关重要的大事,了不起的事情
lock out: 把…关在外面
throw out of: 把…扔出,赶出
out of hand: 失控
used to: 过去常常

语意表达:打破冷场;打破僵局break the ice
句型操练:Saying something about the weather is the most typical way to break the ice.
最常见的打破僵局的办法就是聊天气了。
I'll be the one to break the ice.
我来当那个打破沉默的人吧。
句型出处:Okay, I got to break the ice here. So you're in counseling. Big deal.
好吧,我想我该打破这里的沉默。你们在咨询婚姻顾问,没什么大不了的。

语意表达:对什么有意思,癖好have a thing for
指点迷津:在生活中,我们除了会对某个人产生特别的“意思”之外,还会对某件事物心存疙瘩,比如有人不喜欢吃海鲜 “has a thing about seafood.” 有人对坐飞机感到十分害怕
“I have a thing about flying in airplanes; it scares me.”
句型操练:He has a thing about you.
他对你有意思。
句型出处:Well, he used to have a thing for spiked heels.
他以前对高跟鞋上的后跟有癖好。

语意表达:used to do 表示过去常常做某事,而现在往往不做了
指点迷津:be used to doing 表示习惯于做某事
be used to do表示...被用来做某事
句型操练:I used to get up early when I worked in the factory.
在厂里上班的时候,我通常起得很早。(现在用不着早起了)
He didn’t use to drink.
他过去不喝酒的。
句型出处:Well, he used to have a thing for spiked heels.
他以前对高跟鞋上的后跟有癖好。

考考你:
生活并非外人眼中的那般光鲜,很多时候也是琐碎的一地鸡毛。正如那句话说的“如人饮水冷暖自知。”
如果用英语来描述你生活中的一件囧事,你想到了什么?


分享到
重点单词
  • starkadj. 僵硬的,完全的,严酷的,荒凉的,光秃秃的 ad
  • typicaladj. 典型的,有代表性的,特有的,独特的
  • humiliationn. 耻辱,丢脸